• 1998 840ci Sport. Can anybody tell me the standard of Manufacturers Alarm system fitted hear in the UK. I believe it to Thatcham Cat 1. How does this standard compare to to-days standards. Should I fit an upgrade. Answers would be appreciated. I do not intend fitting a tracker if it gets taken I don,nt really want it back. I understand stateside you don,nt have the same problems we have in the UK with car theft.
    TTFN

• These guys went on for quite a bit as to which of the E32 alarms fit what Thatcham category. Your 98 should be the equivalent of the 740 or better.

Might try a search here:
    http://www.thee32register.co.u…forum/board_show.pl?bid=1

Mostly quite agreeable people if you asked.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I have 97 840 in UK and found that fitting a Tracker significantly reduced my insurance premium by over £200 a year !

The factory alarm and Immobilser are Thatcham Category 1 approved (apparently)

Ian.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!