New 6 Series

• Ok well here is the plan...

I believe it is March this year when the new 645Ci Convertible comes out. I have looked into these and i think it is highly likely that i will purchase it ASAP. I have been looking into the money i will get for my '99 840Ci Sport and its about £20k does that sound right? Its got individual leather and exterior paint and bout 40k miles 1999 year.

I think that i will keep the 8 tho, its 99% certain i will keep the 8 series and just buy the 6. In all honesty i dont need the 20k off it as business is booming and i have room to keep the 8 on the drive.

What do people think of the new 6?

• As long as business is booming... :)

Hey, as long as business is booming, keep the 8, and wait on the ///M6 Cabrio! I think the 6 is nice, but the Cabrio is beautiful, and if they make an ///M version, I imagine it will be along the expected 500hp the new ///M5 is supposed to churn out. I imagine they'd strive to do even more with the ///M6.

• I work for BMW and have driven the 6 already.
    It is an awsome car and drives superbly. I have not driven the conv. yet but in all honasty(spelling?) BMW along with all other manufacturers have still not worked out how to build a good conv. Too much noise, rattles, body flex and LEAKS for my liking. Dont get me wrong, BMW probably build the best conv. but its just nowhere near a coupe.

If you are a drivers driver then wait for the M6 coupe.
    The 645 has no LSD, and imo this is an essential on a drivers car.

Like I said, the 6 is a very good car but it does not have the same character as the 8 and theres no way I would swap, ... well, not till the M6 arrives anyway!
    500hp v10 and an M differential = the way forward! IMO

Tristan

• a buddy of mine has ordered one and is picking it up 2nd week february,ofcourse i will be on his doorstep the next day for a testride 8) so i can let y know,
    he has seen the car and said its smaller than it looks like on the pics,
    For me, i would like to wait for the M5, 500 hp plus a bit of tuning?tsss :lol:
    Next week im flying to the US, gonna find myself a dodge viper gts, i have been thinking about this new M5, but im not happy about losing so much money in a few years :cry: ,see the current M5, for euro 30.000 its yours, that a big decrease in value for a few years :roll:

• Zitat von Anonymous

Al,
    What do you mean ? I don't understand this.
    Manfred

I meant i will keep my eyes peeled - perhaps this is an English saying??? Means keep waiting for the M6 Convertible.

• 6 versus 8

I don't understand any switching from 8 to 6 - it will be a downhill course. I told my BMW head-repairer: "You must repair my 8 as long till you say to me: 'Now Mr.Hafner, we can no more repair your car.'. His answer was: 'You don't will hear this!' - and the meaning was: you will die first.
    Manfred

• Re: 6 versus 8

Zitat von Hafner

I don't understand any switching from 8 to 6 - it will be a downhill course. I told my BMW head-repairer: "You must repair my 8 as long till you say to me: 'Now Mr.Hafner, we can no more repair your car.'. His answer was: 'You don't will hear this!' - and the meaning was: you will die first.
    Manfred

lol, think we will keep both!

• 8 rules!

645 Ci is rather a "Bangle machine" than really a bimmer machine. Sure it looks great but i think it is more trendy than "long lasting taste" like 8.
    So keep'em both, Al
    I would keep'em both. 2 is better than 1!

BTW My personal favorite BMW all time?
    M1
    But this baby is too hard to get in S. Korea. I've read Japanese Bimmer magazine and I've found that there is only 1 M1 in Japan.
    How about your country?

• I saw the new 6 series at the Frankfurt motor show last year. I agree with Hafner...not even close to the eight. :D

But I have to say it is probably the best of Bangle's recent designs, and it looks better in the metal than in photos. I think an M6 would look pretty sharp.

Unfortunately, it's way out of my bufget right now! :cry:

• Oops, replied too soon!

Hugh, quite a few M1 available in Germany if you know where to look. Got to say it's not as good looking as the 8 in my opinion.

I was in Englnd over Christmas and a BMW dealer I visited (Dick Lovett in Swindon) has an M1 in the showroom if anyone is interested! I had a sit in it (the BMW guys are very friendly when you turn up in an 850 CSi!) and it is very old-fashioned and not as comfortable as the 8. I guess the M1 was more of a supercar than the GT car the 8 is, but I still wouldn't swap my car for it!

• 8 is the legend!

Sniff,
    I actually agree with what you said about 6 is not even close to 8. And 8 is the best BMW for sure and there's no doubt that it is the legend GT. Besides that I'd like to own M1. It has classical supercar tasete with kidney grills.
    Right now M1 is just a rough wish list for me and I'm shopping for 850ci.
    A good condition 8 still cost around 40~50G in US dollar in S. Korea and hard to get.
    M1 is just a dream here and even people from BMW Korea rarely know the model. :cry:
    Like your country, you can expect some warm repect from BMW dealers if you drive your 8 to them for service.
    I repeat, 8 is the legend!
    BTW I like the black/white leather interior on your E31. Is that a CSI factory option or the custom made?

• Manfred, thanks for the link. I have actually been to Kleissler...he's in Freiburg and I stopped in when I was passing through the Schwarzwald on my way to Geneva. He has some beautiful stuff, but top prices.

He also seemed a bit of a broker also. By that I mean he sells cars for other people. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it does mean that not everything on his website is actually at his showrooms, so if you plan to visit to view something specific, call ahead and check!

Hugh, thanks, I am glad you like it! It's actually black and grey. I like it a lot, as it lightens up the interior. Black outside, black inside might be a bit too much.

It was an original specification on the car at purchase time...Individual I think BMW call it. In fact the whole centre console and dashboard is covered in leather.

• I agree, but he does have some very nice stuff if you can afford it :shock:

This guy also has some nice cars. He is based in Munich and I went to look at one of his when I was looking for a 850 to buy about 2 years ago. He also is expensive! But check out the (sold) cars under Individual-Fahrzeuge. http://www.kalf-automobile.de/individualfahrzeuge.htm

You have a fantastic collection of models, Manfred. How many do you have? I love the convertible ones...did you make them yourself?

Right now I have just 3 models...a 1:18 Road Tough 850i, a 1:24 Revell Alpina B12, and a Maisto 1:18 850.

The last one I like best...I have painted in Diamant Schwarz like my car, painted the interior to match my black/grey interior. Even the registration plate is the same!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!