Does BMW Tire Pressure Monitoring System exist for 8 series?

• No one in the U.S. seems to have an answer to this.

I came across a :"tire pressure monitoring" fuse somewhere, and began wondering if the 8 series ever had this system.

the second, (and more important) question is: can the system be RETROFITTED to work in the E31? Anyone have any answers to this?

thanks for your help!!!

• Ok, after some research, I found out that it was an option on the 850Csi
    (And as all B12 were based on 850s, I doubt you have it)

But, I've never ever found one with it :(
    I must install my ETK on my new pc, and I'll check it out :wink:

Anyway, because of changing suspension + 18" Alpinas wheels during B12 conversion, if it had BMW tire Pressure monitoring, it could have been removed

How's the alpina ?

I've bought http://www.AlpinaB12.com and will begin soon a website about Alpina B12 Coupés.
    Still looking for one, the green one on mobile is nice, but no alpina interior :(

Do you know other owners ?
    I've seen on BMWM5 board that you changed the motor completely
    I'd like to have some infos about it...

What about the story/pics with the other owner ??

• Phillipe to answer your questions:

to correct you: all b12 5.7's are based on the 850csi - and you can see this in the documentation that comes with the cars. Still do not know where to find the tire pressure monitoring system. It was an "option" but NEVER AVAILABLE ? ........Very Strange......DOES ANYONE HAVE IT?

other B12 5.7 owners, I know 4 : one in England, one in Northern Germany, one in Denmark, and one in Sweden.

regarding engine/performance rebuild:
    trust me, I have everything you can ever want sitting on my computer, I am just waiting to go thru all the pics to give you all the technical pics. Also, the car is at Alpina still, and we are still waiting for the dyno tests.

for some reason these cars have become very hard to come by.

as for your website: you have to contact CarlT - he knows everything about the B12 5.0 and B12 5.7..... you can search for him on the Roadfly website, and m5board.com website.

• Sorry for my error :oops: , don't know why I say that, maybe cause I thought of the M8, based on the 850 not the Csi...

Well, I've asked some owners, waiting for answer about Tire Pressure, will let you know...

Contacted lots of owners, as I kept contact with dealers & owners who sol some 5.7l in the past few years...
    If you have any suggestions fo AlpinaB12.com, let me know

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!