UK Insurance

• Insurance

Hi Steve Got it with Priviledge eventually. The other insurance companies wouldnt take my NCD from before into consideration. I personally would tell them about the Alpinas as every insurance co asked me re this when quoting. Let me know how you get on.

• Ok, been re-quoted. For the 3 points from the TS10 :evil: it was upped £50 and I also owned up to the Alpina alloys which upped it £140 :evil: to £647 (so Jahan you owe me £140 right). This was with Direct Line, Privilege got the quote down to the same but with a higher excess.

I then phoned Adrain Flux who quoted £610 but that was if I fit Cat 2 alarm (I have a factory alarm on the car but not sure what type or category it falls into, have to try and check when I get home).

sigh

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Insurance

Steve If you wish to save a further 10% then do the quote online as best as you can then if the web falls over ring them immediately. This got me some more discount. Remember Priviledge will equal/beat any quote as long as you have full NCD. Its worth ringing a few more companies to check try BMW.co.uk they werent bad. Sorry about the extra expenditure but if anything happened the insurance co would blame the wheels.
    Car getting broken into - blame the alpinas
    Car catching light - blame the alpinas
    Car reversing into you - Alpinas looking so damn fine in the mirror must have put the driver off thus causing a collision. Know what I mean

• Couldn't complete the Priviledge quote online as it didn't cater for extras like wheels so I rang them. They did quote cheaper but with higher voluntary excess. Think I'll stick with Direct Line.

Re the extra £140, i'm a reasonable guy so if you don't appeal against my decision and pay up within in 2 weeks I'll halve it. Can't say fairer than that :)

93 850 CSI

• Didn't realise i hadn't logged in - I'm the guest 22y/o with the CSI!!!!!

Admiral were more than happy to take my money - unlike the other jokers that were quoting me over £6k!!!!!!!

• Driving 160 mph, using phone while driving, publishes picture on internet, 22 years old, £6K insurance premium.

Without sounding a bit old fashioned and puritanical, I wonder if anyone else can spot the not-so obvious connection between all these points?

• >>Liverpool Victoria give a discount if you are in a union
    :?: Yeah that makes sense, cos it's all about risk. I put some round wheels on my car and 'ohhh' I'm a higher risk but if I then went and joined a union, 'phew' everythings alright again :?

Oh the wacky world of insurance.

93 850 CSI

• Shiggsy said:Ok, been re-quoted. For the 3 points from the TS10 it was upped £50 and I also owned up to the Alpina alloys which upped it £140 to £647

Does that mean having bigger wheels (+£50) makes you more of a risk than jumping traffic lights (+£140)? Does anyone have any idea how insurance works? I recon they charged you the first 50 for phoning them up, and then penalised you for making 2 changes. That goes beyond the limit of what the telephonist can hold in her head, so she had to open the file. That would do it.

• Zitat

Does that mean having bigger wheels (+£50) makes you more of a risk than jumping traffic lights (+£140)?

Ithink that should be the other way round : Does that mean having bigger wheels (+£140) makes you more of a risk than jumping traffic lights (+£50)? but yeah I see what you mean. The wheels are aslo the same diameter, just 1/2 wider. I mean they're still round for gods sake.

(I didn't jump the traffic light I was trying to change lanes in the nightmare London traffic at night and went though on amber, it was the last 2ft of my car that was photographed going through red. Who the hell tries to jump a traffic light at 25mph in a 40mph !? )

93 850 CSI

• I meant less, not more, but same thing.
    So, you were going less than the speed limit in heavy London traffic. Be careful not to do that too often, you could get banned.

I got stopped by Police last week on the A30 between Penzance and Hayle on an open road doing 60 (3 lanes, no central reservation) at 2 in the morning. I'd seen the copper prowling on the way down so I was taking no risks, I thought.

Doing 60 in a car like this he thought I was drunk and being careful. I had all my lights checked (MOT was only 3 weeks old at the time), tyres checked (all were about 2 weeks old), breathalyzed and had to take my license, insurance and MOT into the Copshop the next morning.

Bloody cheek.

• They've got to do something at that time of the morning to keep them occupied. Wished I had a camera mounted on my bike and running yesterday coming out of London. I was behind a cop car with 3 coppers in it heading for traffic lights when they changed amber, I just shut the throttle but the copper kept going, lights went red before he was there and he just cruised though. 1 rule for them 1 for us.

Some people say 'shove 'em up against the wall'!
    I say put 'em in a gay bar.....and then shove 'em up against the wall, see how they like being shafted.

:)

93 850 CSI

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!