UK Insurance

• Guys can you help.... ?

I am insured with Direct Line

37yr old with 6yrs protected NCB - Premium = £854

I now told them I changed the wheels and they want an additional £250 per year !

Doesn't matter what the wheels are - or their value - it's a modification from OEM factory spec and so they load premium.

This seems ludicrous to me.. I explained the wheels had roughly the same replacement value to my OEM cross bolted wheels and that in fact the Alpinas were MORE secure due to th elocking centre cap. Would they listen .. would they f**k.

Anyone with any cheaper policies out there that don't behave like idiots the first time someone changes something.

What happenmed when you guys with upgraded wheels told your insurers ? Or didn't you bother ?

Cheers,

Ian.

• Ins

Ian just re-insured mine buss use inc partner full no claims @ at a cost of £440.00 with Privilege. They insured my Cosworth in 1994 at a very good price. Sorry if this info is late.
    TTFN

• Less than £800 from Tescos for me - everything declared.

Liverpool Victoria are renowned as being good for cars with aesthetic mods but be prepared for a shock if you tinker with the engine.

• Insurance

Just to cheer you all up!!!!

I'm 22 now, 4 years NCB. The renewal for my '94 850CSi is a bargain £1400!!!!!!!
    That's a grand down from last year!!!!!!

If it wasn't for insurance costs i'd still have a modded E30 aswell!!!!!

• Hi all,
    Ive just purchased my 840 ci and im only paying £600 fully comp+protected no claims and im 26 with full no claims thru elephant.co.uk.Well worth a try as priviedge wanted £1200.

• Just joined, so a bit late. I'm with QuickFit. they insured (850i j reg) 47 years old, max no claims Living in Cornwall for £550. In addition I get 10% discount off anything I buy for the car at Quickfit while it's insured with them.

• He must live in the Orkneys or something, there is no way ever (even if you're thinking about getting your pension soon) that you'll get that sort of premium in Kent. Geography & occupation influence your premium considerably. Just don't try to insure anything more exotic than a 10-yr old Punto if you're an actor living in central London (I'm not, but I know a couple who are & it's ridiculous what they are asked for)

Slightly off-beam, Direct Line (£650, 9 yrs no-claims, protected, Dr, South Wales) won't insure me against theft because I can't provide a recipt for a Thatcham-approved immobiliser, even though it's fitted as standard & BMW have told them the same. Anyone have similar problems? Anyone got around it?

• Is £650 for a CSi? Thats a good price. I went with QuickFit (Cornwall, parked off-road, age 47, 9 year no claims) and got £550 for an 850i, which was the best I could get. I suspect if the price quoted is with the factory fitted standard immobiliser, then the unmodified premium will stand.

Additionally, while I try to raise the money for the alloys (and other stuff) I needed 4 tyres for the standard 16 inch wheels. I went to Quickfit and got 4 for the price of 3, and an additional 10% off as I insure through them. Total bill including wheel alignment: £404. The 10% was worth nearly £45.

Continental are not the world's best tyres, I admit, but as a temporary solution I thought that was a good deal.

Peter

• Hi Jahan,
    thats a good price, who did you go with in the end ? I just got my renewal quote through, £457, (36 years old). Also haven't yet told them about my TS10 Traffic light fine (25 in a 40 through an amber, sheesh i'm a bad boy :twisted: ) or my wheels so it's going to go up. I'll mention the TS10 but not sure if I'm going to mention the Alpinas.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!