• sat nav

Click on my picture or look in members list and you will see my Alpine satnav installed in my 850.
    This unit folds up and dissapears back in the dash as most models do for safety.
    I also have a dvd and minidisc multi changer including all the graphic equaliser and surround processors.
    Total cost fitted approximately 5k.

Regards

Chris

• Consider also the Becker TrafficPro, which I believe also works in the 8. It's a single-DIN unit and matches the dash lights of BMWs pretty well. No screen though, directions on the (small) display and via voice prompts.

• Yes, I would also highly recommend the BMW Becker Traffic Pro.

It does work in the 8 and perfectly matches the look and color of the instrument panel.

I'll try and dig up the link, but search the forum for "Memorial Run" and you'll see a post from a member named Alpinadvl who posted pictures of his unit installed.

EDIT: Here's the link -- http://www.clube31.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=661

I got mine off of German E-Bay (I think he did, too), but you can also get it from any BMW dealer in Europe, I believe. E-Bay was much cheaper.

• hi
    I do have the becker traffic pro and I would recomend the new high speed model because you don't have to insert the cd so much due to the improved memory of 16mb
    the becker web page it is http://www.becker.de
    I bought it through the internet for 1000 euros and works fine the only downside is the lack of map but I can leave without it, do you?

• Wow...

That's quite a custom setup on that car.

I like having the controls on the steering wheel, and I love what they did with the center arm-rest area (especially being a non-smoker.) I don't like the removal of the driver side center air-vent, for my taste.

Very imaginative modifications.

What does the monitor do? It is not for the GPS as the Becker unit has that built into the stereo head, yes?

• VERY NICE INTERIOR

I have some questions for the owner.

1) What is the storage flap for near the door speaker ? I don't have that on my car.

2) What steering hweel is that ? Are the stereo controls functional ? Is it a straight swap in plus some stereo leads ?

3) I love the centre console use of space ? Is that a custom build or out pof another BMW ?

4) Is that the sunroof control by gearstick ? Mine is on the roof.

5) I LOVE the Heads Up Display Unit that looks like a datrboard.

I imagine the GPS unit sets the bulleye as the destination :lol::lol::lol:

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Ian.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!