cat removal

• Hi
    Has anyone managed to remove the cats on their m70 v12 5.0 engine.
    If so what steps are required eg does the ecu need re-programing and do we need to keep lambda sensors.

Regards

Chris

• hayward and Scott are de-catting my csi on monday.
    You have to keep the lambda sensors but they are before the cat so you can remove the cat without a problem. I have been told I may even get another 20bhp from removing them.
    I will find out on tuesday.

t

• I had heard that you would loose HP by removing the cats. There is a guy on Roadfly that did that, he also tried headers, different size exhaust pipes etc. He did many dyno runs.

Those who have pulled the heads say that the exh ports are horrible. That seems to be the bottle neck, and other mods seem to just hurt the fuel mix and cost hp.

I should think installation of the black boxes by Split Second would cause mods like cat removal to actually add Hp. A number of people have done that, but none that I am aware of that didn't do significant other mods like cams porting, displacement increase etc...

• GOT my car back today and there is a definate improvement.
    It seems more free revng and there is a definate increase in mid-range torque!
    Hayward and scott have done a very nice job, I will post some pics when I get it up on my ramp.

The only prob is the noise. There is a bit of a rasp noise at about 3000rpm. I hope this is just the stainlesssteel noise befor it cokes up....
    we will see.
    If it is not then I will get them to put a couple of silencers in.

All in all though I am A happy man!

T

• De-Catting

G'Day Tee

Very nice !! :lol: Must sound very sweet now. 8)

How much for the job ? I presume they used Stainless steel pipes ? Did they connect to the standard exhaust manifold ? What about fitting some headers ?

Thanks
    Martin

• They cost £350 and are stainless. I already had the system from the cats back, so this was just a simple cat replacement.

I can not e bothered to do the manifolds as I doubt I would gain any noticale HP and the cost would be insain!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!