Custom Exhaust

• Hi guys i have just had a stainless steel exhaust fitted by Custom Chrome of Nuneaton Well wait till i tell you all.

Graham the boss said he would make me one from the cats. He then started the car, he said it did not need back boxes at all. Well when that when the exhaust goes in front of the centre boxes he will renew wjth stainless steel It is all fitted off with two chrome oval pipes at the back of the car So with no back boxes at all it sounds quite nice and throaty but within the law

I phoned Steve Parkes and he listened over the phone he said it was a ground breaking achiement The job cost me £275 and the rest when it goes a further £120

What do you think

• Yeah we need a sound file here I think, or some sort of phone in service :) . What's it like at crusiing speed on the motorway, would it get annoying on a long trip ?

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Custom Exhaust

Hi all

Well i have tested the exhaust on the motorway and at a good cruising speed you can not tell any difference with the normal exhaust. It does growl on take off and up to 45 but it is not exsseive at all I have had one or two people give opinions and they say it sounds great

• I am just about to do similar on my 840. I have been advised the Dinan did mods on the system in a very sneaky fashion and at a practically bugger all cost.

They simply 'can openered' the tops off the rear mufflers and did some minor suregery then glued the lids back in place. I imagine they just cut bout some unwanted tubing and or maybe put some straihght pipes in place.

The only problem I have is I need to replace the cats for some dickhead has inserted small diameter shorrt bodied rubbish and I still dont know the correct length.

Anyone out there can help?
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Powerflow

Recently, I had a Powerflow exhaust fitted.
    My car is a Feb 92 model, which just nips in before the Aug 92 Cat regulation.

So, the cats were removed, and the system goes straight through 2.5" pipes.
    I think there are 4 silencers in all. Interesting to note is the fact that I did not have a cross-pipe installed, so the sound is a lot throatier, and the bark on full throttle at high revs is spine tingling. (and curtain twitching early in the mornings, ha ha)

The back end is finished off with 4 x 3" tail pipes, which are splayed out to line up with the curvature of the rear bumper.

Totally recommended!

Buy the way (PUN) My car is now up for sale... Any offers?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!