Install jammer onto my 850i

• I just bought a jammer to install on my 1991 850i.

However, I need to connect the 2 front sensors to the cigarette lighter plug inside the car.
    Is there some kind of small "door" that connects the inside of the engine to the inside of the car.

Unfortunately I do not have an owner manual....

Thanks for your help

Franck

• I wouldnt reccommend conecting wires behind the cigarette lighter if that is what you are suggesting as it is a fire hazard i think, due to the cigarette lighter being on all the time or something... :?

If this is not what you meant then sorry for rabitting on!! :lol:

• Al,

In my jammer set, I have a plug especially made to be plug into the cigarette lighter plug.

The only thing I need to know is if there is a small "connection door" between the engine compartment & the inside of the car for my wire to get in & be plugged onto the cigarette lighter plug.

I also have a 2003 Maserati Cambiocorsa, this "connection door" is on the passenger seat area...

Thanks for your help

Franck

• Not qualified to advise, but.........

If it were me I would try and find a live point under the bonnet where you could (sensibly & safely) take power from, fuse it, and then i'm sure you could chop the wires from the lighter plug (or some come apart!) and connect it without any intrusion into the car!!

I can't be held responsible though :D

• You are definayelt right Rob! Get a live from under the bonnet.

I would go for an ignition fed wire. They are all over the engine bay, loads in the fuse box (righthand side of engine bay) and e-box (lefthand side of engine bay).
    If you really want to go through the bulkhead you will have to go through the fuse box, and trust me, this is a nightmare job!

Hope this helps.

By the way Rob I am trying to organise a photoshoot and drive of a few 8's, so send me some detail of when you are free. Prob end up in a bit of a beer session :lol:

Tee

• I think the lads are trying to tell you something her but if you must then there is a rubber grommet from the firewall into the DME box (engine management computers). It has no wires but on mine it has some kind of gizzmo that I have not yet figured that runs a wire through the injector side of the box into the computer box then into the cabin
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!