Hey Y'all, help me spend $300.00 !

• Hi everyone, long time no post! I've been on assignment for the last couple of months with VERY limited computer access. I've only been able to play around on a limited basis recently.
    Anyway, once I get back home, in about another 10days, I'm going to to treat myself by purchasing something for the 8-er. Trouble is, $300.00 don't go very far so I have to make the best possible use of what I have.
    That's why I need the advice of my fellow 8-o-philes. Here are my choices so far, please feel free to add anything you deem applicable. I have already chipped and dynoed it.

1) Remove center exhaust resonator, and run straight pipes to the Magnaflows in back. (I want it to be somewhat louder, and sound more like a V-12)

2) Rear wing spoiler. Nothing too extreme, just an accent to the rear section.

3) Install better speakers and small sub-woofer to go with the Alpine head unit, the better to "rock-aus".

Well, wadya think...?

Regards to all,
    M.R.

• Hiya,
    with my experience of Magnaflows I'm surprised you need to make it louder, i'm having mine quieted down a bit. I am thinking of having the cross flow done at some point though so if you had that done I'd be interested to know the difference.

One thing I'am having done to my mufflers at the moment is having the outer pipes shortened 1 inch each side (just like stock), for styling reasons only. One side has been done and the other is being done tomorrow and even if I say so myself it look much better, less like I have bought aftermarket. Something to consider maybe for your $300 and should leave plenty of change.

I'll post a pic when it's done.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• What exhaust system

Can you ecplain what exhaust you put on yours Shigsy, are there different 'sounds' one can obtain, any regret factors, what would you reccommend and what's the damage>?
    Cheers chap
    Richard.H

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Too Loud?

Hi-ya Shigsy;
    I'm surprised to hear that yours is too loud! Mine sound great when I first start the car and get that initial "vroom", and in a range between 1250 and 1750 rpm while moving. Above that, it's entirely un-noticable inside the car.
    When I had it dynoed, I stood right next to it, and I swear there was almost the same amount of noise coming from the engine bay as from the exhaust! BTW, I do plan to put in a cross-over pipe so that both pipes are connected, so I dont get that "ricer fart-can" effect.
    As for the tips, I got the Magnaflows with dual square tips, and am quite satisfied with the appearance.

Any other possible suggestions?

Thanks,
    M.R.

• Hiya,
    I put the #14816's on mine. As far as I am aware, from what I've read that type of of Magnaflow exhaust all have similar sounds. The sound I don't like seem to be the sound that M.Rad does like, for the range is about 1000rpm to 1500rpm, to 'boomy' for me. I like the fact that it fades away completely above that as I don't want the droning noise when cruising.

No real regests but with hindsight I would have been better off going to the exhaust fitter that I found with the stock pipes on, explain to them what I wanted and let them build a custom system.

Difficult to recommend anything as you don't know what your getting until its fitted. Best way I reckon is to get to an 8-Fest and listen to the different systems people have.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• great idea cutstomise

Shigsy
    Thanks you have just given me an idea to get them custom made with OEM pipes.........thanks mate.
    What springs and shocks are on your 8?
    Cheers

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!