Transmission Help Please :) 850i

• Hi :) Thanks for trying to help me with this problem. I lent this car to my son! (Stupid of me). He ruined the transmission by putting it in neutral, revving the engine and putting it in drive. (Believe me that is the last time I lend him anything) I had to get it rebuilt and that cost me 2,800 dollars. So it is working now but not as good as it was before. :oops:

But the problem is when it goes from 1st gear to 2nd gear I hear a bang... Not like a gun but like 2 mettle peaces entering each other with out a clutch or something like that. It also happens when I am slowing down for a red light.

I have been back to those people 4 times and they now say it is the “in put and out put” sensors... Does any one know if the car has something like that? Or what would make the transmission change gears ruff like that? How can I fix it? Thank you for your help.
    :oops::oops:

• The best that I can do is refer you to Kirt Koeller His number is (616)748-5735.

I'm not sure where in the US he is located but he seems to be a master of the 4HP24 transmission (and the 5HP30 too)

He makes his living repairing and rebuilding them.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Mate, the guy who repaired it snipped you. Take it back and have him perform a warranty repair at his expense and if he wont then it is confirmed that he snipped you.

It's not brain surgery. When you pay someone to repair something and it's nort repaired then...................

Sorry Bro, but am I clear enough?
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• But one thing i don't understand is why is there a little bang like that? It works fine and drives great. But that bang is there but small. Its just a little bang sound. Not that loud and every time i bring it back to them and take them for a ride... It does not do it.

• Atleast its still working... a while back i took dad's jag for a spin (supercharged V8 + Auto)... Oh and the rear wheels to. Few months later, transmition simply stopped working. Luckily it was electronic and not much to fix...

• I had a similar problem, the mechanics in my area told me I needed a new transmission....( $8500 ) I sent my car up north to some mechanics I trusted, and they sent the "shift likage" off to a place in Texas to be rebuilt, and about $400 later I was in business once again.. Don't be taken advantage of most people half of the time don't even know what these cars are until they see the embelm.. Much less have ever worked on one.. Good Luck!!

• Wow what a fun time I had trying to fix this. I finally found an excellent mechanic here in Las Vegas and he fixed the problem. He said it was the input and output sensors and now it runs alike it should cost me around 200 dollars :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!