My UK 6sp 840Ci

• Thanks for the comments guys. I do very much like the 6sp manual, I just don't get along with automatics. Might be something to do with being 25, give me some time!

The 840 is a MY94. I also have a 540i Sport 6sp, which itself is quite unusual but not as rare as the 840 6sp. I plan to sell the 540 soon though, thought of keeping it as a second car but running costs are a bit silly for that (I also have a '94 Audi that is much simpler and cheaper to run so that will be staying as the spare car).

Paul.

• I got some info from Jud, apparently this is the only RHD, 6sp 840 with this colour combination (calypso red/silver) produced. So it rolled off the line totally unique, never to be another quite the same produced :D

Very strange owning such a car, my first was a Ford and we all know how rare they are :lol:

I guess with there being relatively few 8-series produced, and the available combinations of colours, transmissions and engines that there are quite a few unique models out there before even considering the options list.

Paul.

• Looks beautiful Paul and I love the colour combo!
    I wish I was able to find a 6sp manual when buying mine, although Im used to the auto now - at 23 I must be growing old before my time! :lol:

Ben

• Thanks for the comments. What do you think of the idea of fitting 18" M-Parallel wheels? I like the T-stars, but 18" is just that little bit better and I also like the openness of the M-parallels, showing off the 4-pot brakes more :D

• John

I envy you as well. I'd probably spend my whole life..or atleast spend an arm and a leg to get a 6 spd here in the U.S. I'm glad to see that you and Paul have found such rare diamonds! I should have bought one while I was in Oxford. :?

Cheers,

John P.

• Car looks very nice John, another one for the club of us real drivers with the 6sp LOL

I'm amazed to find how difficult it is to find these cars, I stumbled across mine when I wasn't even looking for a car (just bought a 540i 6sp a few months earlier) but the 840Ci caught my eye. If it was an auto I wouldn't have even considered it, but at that time I didn't realise how rare the manual is!

Just glad I was in the right place at the right time. It has similar performance but about a quarter of the practicality of the 540i, but in terms of rarity and attention grabbing the 840 is miles ahead. I plan on keeping it for a few years yet 8)

Paul.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!