hey Im back !!! missed you all so much

• Gents
    Well I could'nt live without an 8 afterall.

I sold my silver 1991 850i and it was like I'd lost a member of the family.
    I toyed- (obsessed) with the idea of buying a 91 964 but it's just not value for money compared to an eight.

Then out of the blue an 8 friend relocated and asked me to sell his 840 CiA 56,500 kms. She's a bit tatty and needs some TLC but those are the kinds of projects I enjoyed with my 850i.

So I'm back and plan the following

Repair minor paintwork scuffs
    Repair 4 rust spots along front sunroof seal
    Rehang existing roof lining
    Repair 80kms wobble - vibration
    Repair control arms - steering pull to right
    Repair wheel scuff or replace with BMW stock ?? (anyone know from pictures in gallery what these rims are on her now)
    Repair driver seat latch seat wont tilt > move forward
    Repair driver seat up down motor
    Recondition leather - bit dry
    Bogus Washer water low 'check' on OBC
    Replace EDC suspension - ( shot ) with Bilstein and H&R springs )

That's all.....

Anyway good to be back........
    Please let me have your feedback and any ideas for what I should do or keep the 'stock' look - do ACS kit and Csi mirrors, spreaders ????

• ya, he likes this car so much~~
    but I drove this car few times.....it's response doesn't match the power it has, compare to my skyline, it was too soft.
    The rims was OEM BMW 17" BBS style
    The car already re-paint into Purple Black, it looks more cool now, will take some pictures next time.

• Welcome Back

Richard,

Welcome back. It's great that you have an 8 again. I loved what you had done to the interior of your silver car. The two tone leather on your new one is very nice. Can't wait to see what you do to this one.

Paul

• Hi and welcome back.

Looks like you are going to have a bit of fun bringing this one up to your standards :)

Keep us posted :D

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Yes mate, welcome back

Was certainly a surprise to see the mystery "new arrival" at the Gold Coast last Sunday only to find out it was you driving it :o

Good to hear you've taken the plunge, again. :D

Keith

• Hey Rich,

sorry to say that I didnt even notice you wee gone! Probably because I have not been here much either.

Looks like a nice car. This might take your mind off the sleepless night huh?

Did I understand you were thinking of a color change? If you do that I will be on the next burner and personally hunt you down with a cleft stick! Just bring it back to its former glory.

Love the seat contarsting colors. I am going to do mine that way when I get rich.

Still have plenty of parts if you get stuck. Sold a seat runner this week and have all motors and top parts intact.

Cheers mate
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Great to here you are back in an 8!! Couldnt resist the temptation like so many others...

I agree with theo, leave it red just make it glitter again. The interior is great, that two tone scheme and all is brilliant.

Good luck with everything

• Thanks for that ...

Keith, Paul, Terry Adon and Theo....great to be back.
    I have decided to keep her stock, restored to her former glory.
    I need to check whether what condition the shocks are in.
    if the EDC's are shot...hmm might do Bilstein and H&R as the EDC is just that bit too expensive but I reckon its just some bushings, control arms etc
    Work on the bodywork, mechanical bits and pieces
    And of course the new sticker on the window :-))

• Rich,

nice to see 4 in a row. We had 5 side by side here in Melbourne for the BMW club's annual show and shine. I will post some pics as soon as I work out how to do it.

I have a spare set of top arm bushes if they are shot. At $50 AUD do they look priced right after the exchange rates. I reckon $12 to $15 for post tops.

Also have a pair of EDC rears. Haven't yet assesed them for condtion but if you need tsome sing out.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!