Sun roof adjustment

• Bastard job Tim,

I'm not sure on the adjust. I Think it could be more than that. There are some plastic parts that break but don't fall completely to pieces. Cost a fortune too>

Cannot recomend much other than be very carefull when removing the steel hatch to uncover the source. You can get at it from the underside of the open hatch.

Be very carefull as they get brittle!

Cheers

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Tim, just a thought,!! I've recently taken the sunroof out of my 3 series , carefully move the roof lining, then you see the mountings, on the 3 they were 4x star drive bolts, a simple job to adjust!!,it maybe the same :)
    so worth a look.

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi there Tim,

Have you tried resetting the roof electrically? To quote from the owners manual:

"To ensure that the sunroof operates correctly after repair or restoration of the power supply it must be re-synchronized:

- Press the electric operating switch or keep it slid forwards for 12 seconds. (Do this only when synchronizing is necessary, not at any other time.)"

From personal experience, the time can be as short as eight seconds or take as long as twenty but you will see the roof resetting into the correct postion. This certainly fixed mine after some work at the garage.

Hope this helps

Keith

• Hi Keith -

Many thanks for that little gem. My roof was suddenly "out of synch" after I replaced the batteries. Was mystified - used your advice - now it works perfectly. Does that also apply to the power windows? My rear windows used to close automatically with the front windows and roof with the remote control feature - but now do not - they open correctly but to close I must use the door-mounted window buttons manually - is that also caused by lack synchronization/electrical power disconnect?

Cheers mate, Jack

• I was under the impression that you couldn't close the windows and roof with the key fob. You can only open them? I could be wrong though.

I'm quite sure mine don't close with the fob so I have to use the key in the door. Hold the key in the locked position in the door and they will all close together.

• Depends on the build year and type of remote control. IR controlled units that are not exactly "remote" controls normally have comfort close features, ie keep lock button on key pressed for a few seconds and windows/sunroof close automatically (as long as line of sight between key and mirror is not impaired).
    The later radio control only has the comfort opening feature AND is a long reach remote control. This seems to be the reason why comfort closing of the windows has been disabled then. The inherent danger of hurting someone is a lot bigger if you´re 50mtrs away ;)

To initialize the windows you need to open them fully, keep pressing the button a few seconds and do the same closing them. This way the electronics learn and store the endpoints of each way.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• I adjusted mine last weekend using the instruction in the BMW manual. It took several attempts. be careful when you unclip the inner sliding cover that you don't slide it too far back into the roof - i had to get a pair of tweezers to get it back out again sufficient to then grip it with my fingers. There are three screws on each side, undo these (not too much) then close the roof and push the sunroof into the position you want. However, if the screws are too loose, the sunroof will lose this position as soon as you open it on tilt to tighten the screws. It worth some patience and perseverance!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!