UK road fund license

• Well that seems quite reasonable, when you take into account the moderate amount of tax we pay on petrol and the excellent traffic system we get in return. :evil:

I don't think I'll ever forget the quote from the politician who stated that because of the amount of tax placed on petrol, increases in world oil prices only result in a small percentage increase and the tax therfore shields us against this. :?:roll: And they wonder why they get a low turnout at elections.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• I used to own a petrol station in the eighties, and i can safely say that the petrol companys and government make no bones about ripping us off i can assure you, i used to make a gross profit of 6 pence a gallon in those days and it was £2 a gallon at the pumps. I even got call to S*e*l head office because i wasnt selling 17 million litres a year and they wanted me too. So as far as road fund prices are concerned £175 a year is nothing more than paying for hard fought and earned privalidge. as is allways in this far green land of ours.

Alan

• I've worked out what is happening. We don't pay the top whack Group F or G, the new scaled charges apply only to cars first registered after 2000. We older cars still have the old system, one price up to 1.499 liters and one price above. Still, it's less than last year. Don't see that often!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!