Classic insurance?

• If I decide to keep my 840 for the longer term I will not be using it for commuting etc meaning that my mileage will be much lower, probably 4000 miles per year.

Are there classic policies out there that will cover my car? What is the difference compared to a normal policy - I heard that NCB doesn't matter with a classic policy, but you also don't build it up? If that's the case I should be OK as I'd just insure my commuting car under a standard policy.

PS I've now passed the magic age of 25 (great for insurance but I'd rather not be so old :o) so I expect that will help.

Cheers
    Paul. :

• I don't really know if an 840 would qualify as a "classic" for insurance purposes. You should still be able to recieve a reduced rate from your insurance carrier though. I am insured with AAA , the 850 that I own is not my primary driver. I told them that I expect to put 3000-5000 miles per year on the car. They gave me a very good rate. Richard

• Any car over 12yrs old will be considered a classic so i am told !, providing that you have other means of transport,and keep the miles down.

I believe the policies offer cover from 1000 miles -2000, 1500-2000,etc

maximum is around 3000 miles, buy a Classic car mag, all the info is there :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• ££££

Go to http://www.elephant.co.uk they saved me nearly £1800 pounds
    Plus it depends where you live. Same quote in London Hackney was £3100 pounds and Im 26. But Ive registered all my driving documents to my girlfriends address in Barnet where I now live and now I pay £1300 which is still high but all inc full comprehensive and I dont have NCB.

I'd say thats a bargain for me at my age on A 99 s reg 840ci sport

• Hmmm, over 25 and so old... OUCH. From those of us a little older, don't worry so much. You just have to take a little more care getting in and out of the car later on in life. Your insurance also gets cheaper, provided you can keep your lead foot in check...

Paul

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!