• The M3/E36 mirrors reportedly will not fit the E31.

Part numbers below. The best way to see if the E36 and E31 share parts is to look them up on http://www.realoem.com.

Housing, CSi Mirror:
    51-16-2-253-835 Left Mirror Body, Unpainted, $307.20
    51-16-2-253-836 Right Mirror Body, Unpainted, $307.20
    51-16-9-065-348 Left Mirror Body, Heated/Memory, Painted White
    51-16-9-065-350 Right Mirror Body, Heated/Memory, Painted White

Glass, CSi Mirror:
    51-16-2-267-191 Left Mirror Glass, Heated, Flat, $72.40
    51-16-2-267-192 Right Mirror Glass, Convex, $75.80
    51-16-2-267-224 Right Mirror Glass, Heated, Flat

• I have a set of CSi mirrors RHD

I have a set of CSi RHD memory function mirrors ...if you're interested.
    Cheers

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Csi mirrors for sale

- If interested please respond by either emailing or sending me a Personal Message (PM) through the board.
    I bought these mirrors on ebay a few months ago and also have someone interested in HK actually the day before Paul replied to the post so am negotiating - if tis does'nt materialise then I will contact Paul first.
    Please PM me
    Cheers

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Zitat von csipower

Hi Can you tell me the different of RHD and LHD ?

Many thanks

Other than the obvious bit about some people driving from the Passenger seat :shock:

I think that the mirror glasses are reversed - one is wide angle and the other is flat/normal.

Spacing out from the body to the mirror is different also if I remember a Roadfly discussion correctly.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• The mirror wont tilt when in reverse

With my RHD mirrors - When you engage reverse the LH mirror usually automatically tilts down so you can see the blind side for parking - in this instance the wrong mirror would tilt --one would assume.
    Rich

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• I think the fact that the mirror tilts down is not a feature of the mirror itself but is triggered by some electronical blackbox which is different in LHD and RHD cars. But TerryY could be right: the driver side mirrors are about 1cm more far away from the cars body. At least it is like that on my cheap universal aftermarket M3 mirrors (electrical and heated for about 70 EUR from eBay).

• Zitat von TerryY

Spacing out from the body to the mirror is different

HI,

That is the most importante difference between LHD and RHD.
    The 2. important thing is the Memory option. If your Car has Memory option and the M-Mirrors not, the Wiring Harness does not fit.

Jaguar

• Yep, the main difference is in the body of the mirrors themselves. On a RHD car the right mirror body is longer, to give a large enough reflection angle. The left side one can be shorter because you sit further away from it. Obviously with LHD this is reversed.

It is very obvious if you look at a pair off the car. Also if you check the part numbers for LHD and RHD models on realoem.com they are clearly different.

Of course, LHD and RHD will most likely physically fit on either car (and may work electrically) but whether they're actually useful due to the angles is another story.

• But, I believe you cannot buy the base plates alone (to discourage people stealing the mirror body) so the mirror body + base plate is effectively one unit.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!