• Does anyone know the size of the speakers in the great 8, I would like to upgrade the sound system, but still want the original look.... I measured myself, but it seems that the major companies do not make speakers this size anymore, just wanted to check with my brotherin to see if any of you guys have done the same thing....

Thank-you in advance

DMP :twisted:

• I am not sure of the size, but i had to replace several speakers in my 928 a few years ago and both Pioneer and Blaupunkt made replacements. both companies make a large range of oe sizes.
    Steve

• Pretty much every speaker in the 8 is an odd size :(

Try searching the Roadfly E31 archives. There is a discussion fairly often on the subject.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• If you look at my website, http://www.ukzero.co.uk you will see that I added a sub an amp and new tweeters, but kept the rest of the speakers standard.
    This transformed the sound and (I think) didn't look out of place because I went out of my way, especially with the sub, to go for an OEM look.

• If nothing else, you could buy speakers the next size down and easily make an mdf mounting plate for them!!
    Or maybe with a little trimming you could fit it the next size up?? Not sure on that though, never looked!!

zero - looks sweet man!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!