• is it logic that bmw main dealer in barcelona accepted to fit the bilstein/eibach kit i bought?
    anyhow they did, and took ma baby for a week for 2 new tyres, seat problem , direction problem, a/c pro. , asc, and other little things, momma the bill i´m scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dealers are scared to fit non standard parts in the UK for two main reasons (that I know of):
    1. Ultimately may lose franchise if BMW finds out and gets shirty.
    2. Public liability insurance won't cover them in case of problems.
    Perhaps the rules are different in Espania? :?

• perhaps yet it was almost automatic, i was prepared to use my grace once i´m there but was suprised to see i didn´t have to, i´ll be suprised if the policy was different in a country or another, i also brought them pic´s and intructions thank´s to our beloved site and they seemed to be happy about it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dealer will fit bilstein because Alpina uses them on their 5.7B12.
    Alpina is the only authorized BMW modifier. You can order Alpina parts from the dealer.

• That is rubbish (about them needing a 'special' part) !

I have recently had Bilsteins fitted all round, though not at a dealer. The rears are direct replacement Struts bolt straight on, and the fronts are Inserts that fit inside the strut housing. All they do to the front is dismantle the shocks and pull out all the old BMW suspension parts, and then slide the inserts into the housing.

The 'part' they refered to might be Upper Shock Mounts, as the rubber seals might have gone, but that is all (about £200 pair). Hope that helps your negotiations... :D

Cheers, Tony.

• o.k best of the best steadler response......................
    the parts take a long time to arrive cause it´s an english car LOLLOLOL (last week) 2 weeks later, they can´t put on the shocks again, might be what you´re saying toni, they wan´t 1200 euro plus.............what should i do , take it out?

• hi ziggy, been away for a few days, with no internet :shock:

Did the dealer mean it was a 'UK Spec' car, ie RHD etc ? Maybe thats what they meant, but still shouldnt take that long to arrive - got mine in 2 days.

The front upper shock mounts for mine were approx 165 EUROs each, from BMW, plus fitting.

I think 1200 EUROs inc fitting and taxes (800 GBP) for replacing all 4 shocks/springs and the cost of the new Mounts would be about right, sadly :roll:

It's always gonna be more expensive than fixing a Ford !!!

Might be cheaper if you took it to an independant garage, but you need to find a decent one to prevent it costing you even more to correct any mistakes :lol:

• thought the same toni, thank's again for your reply, i told them to go for it just cause i feel they don't try to rip me off, even in spanish :wink:
    i've supplied them the eibach springs, and they say i need these parts for the front only, and i don't think the job's included :shock: , what the heck, i told them to get it over i'm just dying to get her!!!!!!!!!!!

thank's again
    arik

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!