Wanted: 840i manual in UK

• Hi guys, I know they're rare but I'm determined to hold out for what I want! I don't really mind about colour or spec or even mileage to be honest - looking to spend around £6000. I missed a black manual with 102k miles which went for under £6k, and the blue one that's up for sale on Autotrader now is too dear at £10k, while the one for £6750 isn't a manual despite saying it is :? So, if anyone knows of any up for sale or is thinking of selling, let me know!

• If your only spending 6k you will have to be prepared to spend some money on repairs, and the 8 is not the cheapest car to repair, so bare this in mind

My advice to you would be to save up some more money and then you wont end up with an "egg".

I find the best places to look regularly is autotrader, ebay & pistonheads.

But good luck in your search. :D

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Chassis CC11066 - RHD M60 840Ci 6spd - NZ *AMEND*

--------------------------------------------------
    Amended post - 2-June-2007
    --------------------------------------------------

Very interesting situation; upon further investigation, this 840Ci 6spd is NOT one of the last M62 840Ci 6spds as previously reported. It is instead an M60 840Ci 6spd.

Two developments:

• Option code 806 had duplicate uses within BMW AG. In the early years, 806 meant New Zealand export. In the latter years, it meant 3rd Stop Light installed. In researching another NZ car for the registry, I looked at the build sheet and was perplexed to see option code 806 assigned in the early years with the 3rd Stop Light. In re-running the report(s), I discovered that 806 goes back and forth between NZ and the 3rd Stop Light option.

• Therefore, I ran New Zealand's AA Lemon Report (based on license plate) for this car to be sure it was the truly the last M62 840Ci 6spd. It was not. I learned that the VIN was actually a early calendar year 1995 M60 840Ci 6spd and was received by BMW New Zealand May, 1996, thus the 1996 model year designation. Eventually it was sold by Jerry Clayton Bmw LMVD (Auckland) May 1999 with 11,437 Km to its first owner.

Below is the updated build sheet for this vehicle. You will note that these vehicles were similarily equipped.
    [/list]

• Now, Chassis CC39002 is in New Zealand as well --- so the very LAST M62 RHD 840Ci 6spd out of three produced is indeed domiciled in that country and is in the Mcleod Bay, Whangarei area. Even though this car was produced March, 1996, it was imported into NZ sometime in 1998 and was offered for sale at the same Auckland BMW dealer August, 1998 as a 1998 model year 840Ci 6spd.

Nonetheless, this is an outstanding car and it needs a home.

Production info:
    Chassis Number: CC11066
    Type code EF52
    Type 840I (ECE)
    Dev. series E31 ()
    Line 8
    Body type COUPE
    Steering RL
    Door count 2
    Engine M60/2
    Cubical capacity 4.00
    Power 210
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox MECH
    Colour HELLROT (314)
    Upholstery LEDER NAPPA/SCHWARZ (M5SW)
    Prod. date 1995-01-25
    Order options
    No. Description
    199 EQUIPMENT FOR LEADED FUEL
    243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC
    299 LT/ALY WHEELS W MIXED TYRES
    353 ANTI-GLARE STRIP FRONT + RR WINDOW
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    687 RADIO PREPARATION
    694 PREPARATION FOR CD CHANGER
    704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
    710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    806 NEW ZEALAND EXPORT
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
    925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE
    940 SPECIAL REQUEST EQUIPMENT

Individual data
    Processing individual Sign "individual"
    0940 Special request
    BMW 850CSi Front and Rear body trim treatment

-------------------------
    Original post
    -------------------------

FYI.

Rare car. This car was the only RHD M62 840Ci 6spd made with the BMW M equipment.

This M60 840Ci 6spd needs a home.

----------------------------

The last M62 840Ci 6spd Vehicle Build Sheet:

Production info:
    Chassis Number: CC39002
    Type code EF72
    Type 840I (EUR)
    Steering RL
    Engine M62
    Cubical capacity 4.40
    Power 210
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox MECH
    Colour HELLROT (314)
    Prod. date Monday - 1996-03-11

Order options
    No. Description
    245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC
    299 LT/ALY WHEELS W MIXED TYRES
    353 ANTI-GLARE STRIP FRONT + RR WINDOW
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING
    623 CAR TELEPHONE(GSM)
    687 RADIO PREPARATION
    704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
    710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    806 NEW ZEALAND EXPORT
    841 CONTROL FOR DELIVERY OF OPTIONS PACKAGE -

The other two RHD M62 840Ci 6spds built are in the UK with the same exact equipment (non-Sport). Both were Orient Blue (317) with LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU (M5SL) interiors.

Jud

• Wow... very nice, although $50k is a lot, even if it is AU$ :shock:.

Any ideas on the whereabouts of the other two within the UK, and have they come up for sale before?

I have an M60 840Ci 6-speed, although I'm not planning on selling. It's a great car, personally I have no interest whatsoever in automatics, I think it would ruin the fun of the car, not to mention the glorious sound of the V8 being ruined with the torque converter effect.

The other option is of course the 850CSi which are actually easier to find than manual 840s, but of course more expensive to buy and maintain.

Good luck in your search, it'll be interesting to find out how you get on.

• Chassis CC11088

Wayne, et..al;

Just so we avoid innocent confusion, let's make sure we clarify which type of 840Ci 6spd manual is for sale on eBay UK right now.

The car you've spotlighted is the RHD "M60" 4.0L 840Ci 6spd manual (only 54 were produced), not one of the three rare RHD M62 4.4L 840Ci 6spd manuals. Based on the seller's information in the ad and information from the 8 Series Inventory Project, this car is most likely chassis number CC11088.

It was built 25-Jul-1995. Technically this is a 1995 model year 8er, not a 1996 model year 8er as BMW typically transitions model years in late August, early September. However, for the M60 840's, there was a cross-over with the newer M62 840's. For example, M60 840's for some countries were continued to be produced as 1995 models well into late 1995 (e.g. USA/Canada) as the newer M62 840's were being produced.

Information about this car:

Chassis CC11088
    Type code EF52
    Type 840I (ECE)
    Steering RL
    Door count 2
    Engine M60
    Cubical capacity 4.00
    Power 210
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox MECH
    Colour ARKTISSILBER METALLIC (309)
    Prod. date 1995-07-25

Order options
    No. Description
    255 SPORTS LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    669 RADIO BMW BUSINESS RDS
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
    877 DELETION CROSS-OVER OPERATION
    962 Country-specific Motor (Engine Mapping)

Cheers,

Jud

http://www.8coupe.com

• Contact http://www.8coupe.com

Hi Wayne;

I no longer post or respond to public requests to send details of owners' 8ers (even if it's by public request); only post details of publicly for sale 8's.

To get details of your car, you can get a raw build sheet from me by requesting one through the contact page at 8coupe.com. Priority goes to those that are regsitered in the E31 Registry.

http://www.8coupe.com/contact.htm

Jud

• Wayne

Just give your dealer parts department a call, mine gladly furnish this info, its not a problem to them :D usually only to happy to help, or if you wish pm me your Vin number & I'll get you the print out :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Steve/Wayne - You're essentially correct with one provison. The BMW Individual information is being aged off all BMW IT systems. BMW AG is aging off information for vehicles older than 10 years (and in some cases 8 years).

For Wayne's Avus Blue Metallic I have additional information.

Also, I have the expanded 5 page build sheet which draws intimate details from the BMW 8 Series Inventory Project:
    http://www.8coupe.com/about1.htm

There are 60 plus owners in queue for that report. Once I finish out the data queries, these reports will be ready. If you would like to see a sample, contact me through the http://www.8coupe.com/contact.htm page.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!