EuroSunday 5/27 pics in NorCal

• Just one question Larry.

Is the silver 8 yours?
    If so, how are the front lights tinted?, liked the whole light assy in black, not just the turn indicators.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Noggie

Just one question Larry.

Is the silver 8 yours?
    If so, how are the front lights tinted?, liked the whole light assy in black, not just the turn indicators.

Yes...that silver one is mine. After having replaced the turn signal assemby on each side....twice in 2 years I decided to put a "clearguard" on it. Found out I could get it "smoked" and spent the 10 mins. putting it on. Great effect and I don't have to worry about stray rocks any longer. "canadian8er" (Rob) on http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e31/ sells and ships it when he has the time and materials - pre-cut and ready to apply. I recall the price being about a third of one new assembly.

• Thanks Larry.
    Will look into this, might be able to make this myself with some plexi glass.
    I use the lights as daytime lights instead of the pop up ones (must have lights on during daytime in Norway).
    sadly the light is a bit strong so driving infront of me is not comfortable, a tint would dampen the light a bit, and will give my black 8 an all black front end (exept for the licence plate and the chrome kidney grilles).

Will see how it turns out, see what I can fix in my little garage at night time ;)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I like the smoked look too, and as my 8 is black all the better. IS there a drawing of the size, alternatively I will draw something up as we have a signe writing machine here in the college so if I can track down the vinyl! Ha ho mass production, little price what do you think!!

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Vinyl sounds even better..... I'll track down some stuff when I get back home tomorrow night, just got to have some drinks tonight and a 20 hour flight from China to Norway.......

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!