Wanted bmw 840Ci Sports

• If any member knows of a well maintained /documented car in either metallic blue or green preferably with fitted extras I would appreciate it greatly. Seen a lot of cars but most need a lot of work to bring them to 1st class condition. Cash waiting for the right car at a realistic price unlike some on E-Bay at the moment! Genuine private buyer with a love of the marque.

Thanks,

Colin

• Hi Wayne,

Yes it's easy finding an 840 but hard finding a good one! Am checking all the sites. I've got a budget of 9k which considering the 840 is an acquired taste and most people are put off by their ill founded reputation for expensive repairs (not when you're used to Porsche bills!) and the mpg issues should find me a reasonable sub 100k car. I think a lot of traders who quote what they cost new are hoping to catch out the unwary buyer by quoting inflated selling prices when compared to the true trade values. I've also got a 330d and that makes the 840 seem slow and it does twice the mpg but its as boring as hell hence the search for an 840 as a fun car!

• Its true that most people including traders over price these cars but remember they are still a 50k + car to repair.
    Then when it comes to parts (when & if available) be prepared to pay Porsche money for them :shock:

If your patient then I'm sure the right one will come along as it did for me.

I too recently have gone to a diesel (1 series) and as an overall car with mpg & performance you cannot fault it, but then it doesn't do what an 8 does, make you feel special :D8):D

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Oxford Green 840 CI for sale

58 year old selling his pride and joy.
    1998 Steptronic for sale. Taxed and MOT until May 2008. Full BMW service history.Alloy split rim wheels Tracker. 44500 miles only. Immaculate condition,slight blemishes on alloys.Telephone UK 01780 757845.Price.Looking for £12/13k but willing to discuss for quick sale.Would show photos but don't know how to do it

• 840Ci sports wanted

Hi Ernie,

Sounds a good car to me but above the price I have fixed for my next project! £9,000 is the limit and is available in cash now. If you think that is still possible then I would love to see more details and pictures.

Here's my email address:

avdi67@dsl.pipex.com

Kind regards,

Colin

• Just bought a car

Found a 98 Individual in Avus blue. Only driven it 40 miles but first impressions are thats its a reasonable buy with just some cosmetic work required to bring it up to A1 condition. I've heard a lot of people complain about the dead feel braking - now I know what they mean!

Once I've spent a few days checking her over I'll put up some photo's.

Colin

• Hi Colin , Reference the brakes :? If you can factor into deal £2500 for an AP Racing brake conversion you will have a bigger grin than most :D:lol::lol:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Braking

Drained and flushed the braking system so now at least it stops in a reasonable time - might have one caliper slightly binding so I'm setting aside more time for a complete overhaul.

• Zitat von TallTony

Steve, your internal organs must be a mess. Every time you accelerate they'll be squashed and mangled around your spine, and with each brake cycle are flung up front. :lol:

You're right TT :) only last Sunday I was having a bit o harmless fun with a 911 that must have just left the Porsche/BMW show prior to me.

Once on the A38 to plymouth we passed a 850, he got the bug & joined the party :lol: I was laughing & really pleased mine was up to the challenge UNTILL Mr Porsche had to practice his emergency stop :shock: whilst this was all in a days work for the uprated brakes, the standard braked 850 decided thankfully to dive up the vacant nearside lane,as there was no way he was goina stop :shock: if he hadn't then I surely would have either been in Casualty or the nearest bodyshop :roll:

Times like that makes the upgrade seem worthwhile 8)

• Zitat von ToxicTone

dont give up the search..itll be well worth it to wait for what you want..a really good 8 is well worth it .. :lol:

then youll have a big grin just like me :D

Go back 4 posts,i think you will find the deal is done :D

• 840 CI Sport for sale

Hi Colin

You may be interested in my 840 CI Sport which is presently on offer at £8950 (see BMW CC mag June 07). I bought it over 3 years ago at 74,000 miles, it has just turned over to 89,000 miles this week.
    It has been my weekend / hobby car and I have a fully documented
    maintanence log, in addition to retaining all the old / worn parts replaced. There are lots of photos and other info. available, please send an email to rodneya@accumac.co.uk or Tel 01706 658764 Rochdale

Rod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!