A few small parts wanted!

• 2 Floor mat locks with circlips. Color "pergament". Notice that the shaft is a bit longer for the locks used with floor mats.

1 cover for main windshield wiper fluid container in engine bay (item no. 9)

1 cover for fluid container in the trunk area (item no. 19)

These parts was not available from my local BMW dealer. Perhaps someone has these in good condition laying around?

• the floor mat clips are exactly the same fit as the ones on my E39 and my E83 X3 (in fact I am running E39 clips in my E31). You can order these from the dealer though the colour match may not be 100%

I ordered the washer filler bottle cap from the main dealer about a month ago. It should be available on backorder from germany if you are willing to wait a week. It didnt come with the red tag though.

• Front Washer Bottle

You won't get a red tag..that's for the Intensive Cleaner only

Sourcing the washer bottle top from another model is very sensible as the 8-Series top is now officially out of production.

Let me know (by answering this post with your e-mail) if you are unable to get a top as I might be able to get one for you and am happy to post to Sweden :D

All the best,

Dave

• Don't be fooled by that fact that the 8 series has been out of production for a while.

I have restored several and have a constant stream of parts coming for customers and can tell you that I have never had a "no longer available" on any part.

The fact that your local dealer doesn't have it in stock means nothing. They will get it from BMW headquarters in your country and if the HQ doesn't have it then they will order from Germany and the cost will be same as if it were in stock.

Small parts like the washer bottle lid and carpet mats are not worth buying second hand because of issues like color and often things a half worh or worse anyhow.

cheers

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Washer Bottle Top

Thanks Theo,

You are right...you can get anything these days thanks to the internet.

I was referring to the .

As you know, BMW Parts Computer, code 'E' means that particularly part is no longer available from BMW because they do not list it in their parts catalogue for one reason or another.

B Rgds

• DavidThanks for that,

I wasn't aware of the E coding and haven't come across it yet.

Are you aware of anything that is deleted and definatly no longer avail even ex "the fatherland".

Cheers

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Parts

Hi Theo,

Troll thru the parts on http://www.realoem.com.

Sadly there are quite a few parts creeping up as 'E' now.

Just had to order a new Servotronik Relay for Power Steering...a mere £170 for a small (but I guess complicated) relay for christ's sake...(and that had to be chassis-matched upon ordering). This wasn't even available ex-factory...luckily I was still able to order it, even with a minimum 2 week wait..think it comes from ZF the steering guys.

Things like the Seats...'ENDED'...but "re-buildable" by ordering the parts individually.

All the best[/i]

• David hi again,

I wonder if that is just realoem stating an observation rather than fact.

CHEERS

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!