Carbon Fiber Parts

• Zitat von Cavallino

John,

Long time, no talk. Looks good, but I still like the no light pop ups lights in the fascia. Blame it on Faisal.

Michael B.

Hi Michael,

Yup long time no talk...I've been very busy with my Rally business and getting ready for the SEMA show. I think it would look better w/o the head light cut outs, but we would need to figure a way to possibly have a mold insert to do both configurations.

Regards,

John P.

• No head lights means a Major upgrade on FTP lights which are not easy to align? Poor lighting and a major disfigurement in are car, + garage space allocated to store the stock hood, Head lights etc... If resale does arrise, Most will be looking for that original look versus a depreciating mod, This is my personal opinion and I would be much happier with the hood redone to OEM CF specs.

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

No head lights means a Major upgrade on FTP lights which are not easy to align? Poor lighting and a major disfigurement in are car, + garage space allocated to store the stock hood, Head lights etc... If resale does arrise, Most will be looking for that original look versus a depreciating mod, This is my personal opinion and I would be much happier with the hood redone to OEM CF specs.

What do you thnk about the Vorsteiner vents & power dome look? Just something a little different than the Alpina.

Regards,

John P.

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

I like them both, I just can't see the point of reducing a car with poor lighting to worst for looks.

Totally agree. That's why I think if an insert can be made in the mold, that two versions (w & w/o head ligh cut-outs) can be made. Again, I would probably opt for the one w/ head light cut outs because I myself don't feel like changing out the O.E. units. But that's just what I plan for my car.

Regards,

John P.

• I see the points made on the realities of that major lighting change. That is a good call. John told me the same thing a few months ago.

I was not trying to push the no cut-outs on everyone, I simply wanted a way to have a no cut out hood in that I will be using the Dinan CF fascia with revised lighting. The removal of the pop-ups also removes weight and leaves more room for needed induction stuff.

The resale value is also a valid point.

I have no problem with removing the comment and request for the no cutouts. The needs of the many clearly outweigh the wants of the few!

Vorsteiner product looks great to me.

• Michael,

No worries about taking out your comment. That's what this thread is for - to get the ideas of all 8 owners. Who knows, if you would have gotten 10+ members to want your idea, then by all means it would be a great business case for this low volume project!

Regards,

John P.

• Hi Erik,

Check out FERN's profile or look at his HIN thread in the Showroom forum.

Cheers,

John P.

• My thought aswell, half the price included shipping and I'd just might go for it.
    Actually I would say that 2000-2500$ US is about as much as I'm willing to pay for it.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!