Wheel Spacers & Ride Height issues

• Zitat von stevep840

Congrats TT on the new Sprog :D BUT Fook in hell all this work on the 8 & soon you'll flogin it for a ferkin Zafira :shock:

Cheers ! I'm lucky in that I have a very understanding wife :shock:8)

She appreciates that I need my 'thing' to keep me sane, plus we have an agreement that when we need a bigger family car we simply swap her (Focus) for a bigger one. My 8 is not for sale, even if I win the lotto..... :D

• :shock: the $tealers refuse to do a KDS wheel alignment on my car :shock:

Apparently it is 'too modified' and their machine cannot cope with the new springs, Camber Plates, and 19" Rim/tyre combo !!

They say if I can gather the necessary info from Eibach on the springs, which of course I still have unresolved issues with, and from Phoenix regarding the Camber Plates (8Tech please PM me :D ), then they would look at it. However it is the 19" rims which still causes me a problem. Also the £99 deal would not apply since the data is 'not stock' info. (Bangs head on brick wall)

8 Tech, you obviously can KDS a modified e31..... why can't they ???

• Egg on Face :shock::lol:

These 295 rears are a joke. Laughably big in fact, but not so funny with the rear arch rubbing they cause :? They are being replaced with sensible 275s tomorrow (hopefully) which will still be within tolerance (1%) with the fronts. I will take a picture though beforehand so you can all have a laugh at my expense.... ! :lol:

Think I'm gonna change my signature to "less maybe more but think how much more less could be" :lol:

Les, I should have listened. Sometimes I just cant help myself and I get a little carried away :lol:

Steve, the Camber Plates were put on at an indy workshop, but the owner is the brother of the BMW $tealership and has an apparent good reputation round these parts. To be fair to him all previous work has been done well, and his prices are good, but this weeks experiences have left me feeling a little cold about the 'Woodman' family !!

8 Tech, cheers for the PM. I have replied, but it'll probably take 24 hours before it leaves my OutBox !

You live and learn... and this week I have learned a lot :shock:

What are your thoughts on sawing off 20mm from the Eibach springs.... :idea::shock::lol:

• I was about to break out the angle grinder. Before I could get up off my arse and do it the car settled to a sort of perfect height. Took about 3 weeks

give it a bit longer man

and dont worry about the tyres... I have a set of 305's here. hah they will be usefull one day I'm sure

Nath

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• Not Quite 20mm, :shock: but Terry Y trimmed his springs , so if youre serious he's your Man :wink: BUT then again it's an MOT failiure :?

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Cheers guys ! I'll leave it a bit longer before I start hacking away.... might do a trial run on the original springs if I do decide to have a go :?:D

anyway, before they come off... here is today's funny for you lot :lol: You can see the shiny bit where there rub !!!

but at least the fronts look good :?:lol:

One more thing....

Eibach have provided me with data of what the ride height should be with their springs installed. Measured from centre of hub to underside of wheel arch the heights should be:

Front Left - 365mm
    Front Right 375mm
    Rear Left - 346mm
    Rear Right - 356mm

Could someone please check there 840 Sport and tell me what their measurements are so I can see whether these springs are wrong ? Cheers again

Tony

• That is odd then. Because my driver's front now measures 365mm. Which is what Eibach claim is the correct ride height with their springs :roll:

I think for others watching this saga and thinking about lowering their 8.... dont buy Eibach. Their quality is fine, the ride quality is also fine and feels nicer than before, but I really only bought them for the lowering aspect. Hopefully as Nathan & Noggie say it will settle further with time. It has only been a week since they were fitted after all. It's just that on my previous venture into lowering, on a C220 Merc, the drop was instant, and very noticeable immediately....

Think I'm gonna turn my attention to this Car PC/iDrive for now.... Mechanical things are doing my head in :twisted::lol:

• I think those 295 s look sick

No way to roll the fender or perhaps take a spacer off or something?

They are FAT

N

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!