Advice sought (1) - Washer Bottle

• Looks to me like a broken plastic connector. That'll likely be where your problem is. The plastic gets brittle over time and breaks off. I had a similar problem with a 540i I owned a few years ago, except in that case it was on the inlet to windscreen washer nozzle.

I suspect your broken piece is number 11 here. Should be an easy enough fix as long as you can get to the other side of it. Unfortunately that may require removal of the bumper.

• Hey Paul_M,
    Thanks for the info. The number on the pipe, after inspection, is CLIC 66 No. 155. I imagine I would need to get my paws on a new tube or would this be repairable? I just compared it to the other side and can see the "working" one on the drivers side, running along and underneath the font bumper. Might be tricky to get to but I'll have a nose anyway (but not now due to monsoon rain!). If it was a piece I could order, I would but might need garage to install (have no garage myself and my mechanic skills are amatuerish at best :roll:
    This might well fix the problem which would be excellent.

• Check the link I posted. If it's the part I suspect it to be, it's very cheap from the dealer (expect around £3-4). You'll have to extract the broken piece from both ends of the tubing, which can be a pain if it's never been removed before.

• Thanks again Paul_M - however, I don't see a link on your last post? Am I just missing it maybe? If not, could you post it up and I'll check it out.
    Thanks again, Keenan

*********IGNORE THE ABOVE PAUL_M!!!! I went back to your post and see the "link"! Sorry, I'm probably partially colour blind! Cheers again Paul

• Hi guys, sorry in advance for raising this topic again. All things to do with the 8 have been on hold due to my recent wedding and honeymoon! Anyway, I ordered some parts from BMW to try fix my "plumbing" problem.
    Quick overview - located broken pipe and basically need to replace same I think and fingers crossed, the water will be pumed on to windscreen (from main washer bottle, as intensive washer is working fine!).
    This is broken pipe here:
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/7412/

I order parts 9, 10 and 11 from diagram
    and the next photo is what I received from BMW, as per my order.
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/7413/

However, I've obviously missed the correct bit. On the "broken pipe" picture, the pipe is wide and then pinched/smaller after the clamp. Does anyone know what part/item no. this is? Am i missing it?

It's only dawning on me now but maybe I need item number 13? The spray nozzle itself? Maybe
    that has the smaller pipe attached? Thanks a mill

• Zitat von keenan;54087

Does anyone know what part/item no. this is? Am i missing it? Thanks a mill

It does look as if it broke of off the jet nozzle #12.
    Make sure to order the right one (inside/outside).
    Those are quite expensive and a PITA to replace. There is a high likelihood that the front bumper has to come off for this.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Thank you Reinhard, that sounds about right. I'm gona have another look under the hood (when the rain stops!) however a new nozzle might be the way to go. It's the passenger side so I think no. 13 might be the one but I'll double check. Fitting, as you say, will be a PITA alright so will have to suss that out in due course! Thanks again

• Zitat von ziggystardust;54260

don't mean to push in but is this the pump i need for the main windscreen
    wipers, there's absolutly no reaction when i push the lever, well apart from the wipers.............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI…geName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Yes that pump will work fine. If you want you can swap the intensive wash and the normal windscreen washer pump, they are the same. The headlight wash pump is different, much beefier.

I've seen a few failed windscreen washer pumps, one of which had swollen and cracked due to internal rust :eek:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!