Vredestein Tires

• EVO magazine did a tyre test in the November issue which included the Freddi Ultrac Sessanta in its 225/45 R17 94Y flavour. This tyre came in at 2nd place (!) behind the Goodyear Asymmetric Eagle F1.

For those who may have missed the magazine I quote the comments from the results of the tests bit of the article in full here:

"Surprised to see the Vredestein so high? We are, but there's no denying the small Dutch company has produced a fine tyre. The "Giugiaro Design" Ultrac Sessanta was way ahead in the curved aquaplane test and the tester's favourite on the wet handling circuit: 'strong turn-in and an ability to give more bite if you need it' said Bov. It lacked bite in the dry but was the choice of both testers on the road, Barker praising its 'absorbent, quiet ride and smooth, nicely detailed steering.' "

So there you have it, sounds like a pretty good tyre.

3rd place went to Conti' Contisport Contact 3,
    4th was Bridgestone's Potenza (that's what I have on my car and I think they damned good - especially when properly warmed up, very sticky)
    5th was Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

The Vredestein was in some very good quality company and scored very well at place number 2

Cheers,
    Jason

• imho - the differences in tyres are minimal ,perhaps some are better wet,or dry ,some more noisy,some faster wearing, which ever the differences are small, very cheap no brand tyres are another story and seldom even stay in balance.
    In traction terms even the "best tyre" will lose traction ability by having smaller tyre sidewalls than stock the larger the wheel the smaller the profile, less sidewall to act as a shock absorber- the current trend for larger and larger wheels I find odd ,as they weigh more ,and have heavier tyres ,adding to the weight,
    Wider tyres are also popular ? is more grip a result? I find no problems at all grip wise without superwide tyres and I guess around 340 bhp -I should think very large wheels/wide tyres add unnecessary loads to the suspension and steering ,rob power,and probably increase braking distances.
    fashion verses function I guess

• Thank-You for the info...

I really like these tires, the look is very aggressive, I think they will look very good on the car, the wet rating is not that important, as I do not drive the car in the rain, unless I get caught in a storm, which can come out of nowhere in Florida, I save the rainy days for the 3-series... :D

Happy Motoring

DMP

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!