• noggie gerry srongly advised me to keep away from these
    as they were from plastic or something and failure was
    soon to come..........i'm no expert but it's feels just like the
    car is suppose to be, on a strait line as well, just drove 200
    highway miles yesterday, and your front sort of goes to the
    way you're going without the roll, it all feels more precise....

• I agree, the K-mac are shit, will never have them again or recommend anyone to buy them.
    I never had my e36 adjusted to -3 camber unless I was at the track.
    during normal driving I had it at roughly -1.

I'm well aware of the benefits of negative camber, but also the downside to having to much negative camber.

With as much as -3 I would think inner tire wear during normal driving would be excessive.
    That is why I'd like to know how much negatve camber you get from these.
    I really don't plan to do much track driving with my 8.

In my experience I'd think 1-2 degrees would be plenty, -2 might even be too much for normal road use.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Camber Plates

Hi Noggie
    I hear you.
    I'm not so keen on excessive tyre wear either. I'm only enthused by everyone's positive comments about these fixed camber plates.
    In fact no one's advice so far has explained by how much the camber is changed or if they've had excessive/uneven tyre wear because of it.
    I would appreciate comments from you guys.

• I believe that -1.5 degrees of camber is what is deemed ideal for the 8 series cars.

The factory non-adjustable setting is supposed to be -0.5 to-0.8 degrees and that isn't enough to even out the tire wear.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• OK, I'll shoot of an e-mail to Phoenix and ask them.

Since I'm doing a complete new front/rear suspension this spring, why not get them at the same time.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Got the reply from Phoenix and they give you a negative camber of 1,6 degrees.
    So I was pretty damn right about the figure :)

Now to place the order :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I have some camber plates - cant remember where from... but my tyres STILL wear excessively on the outside edge first. Before the rest of the tyre is even close to used up.

Does anyone else notice this?

Perhaps time for an alignment but that means letting a monkey muunky MUUUNKIE near my car

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• After fitting camber plates the next job is allways 4 wheel alignment then there will be no tyre wear issues,if you have unreasonable tyre wear then go get the tracking done asap :wink: Simple really :)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Hi Arik,

Thank you for bearing with me, sorry it has taken a day or two to respond, but Gerry has given me this reply to send to you and you are more than welcome to quote/post this on the Club E31 board.

The reason for the thinner plate on the later reinforcing plates is because many people were fitting the originals with worn top rubber mounts which allowed excessive lateral play, and in a few cases caused the top washer to squeak against the reinforcing plate. Therefore the new plates have a marginally larger diameter to clear even when fitted with worn top mounts. This makes absolutely no difference to the integrity of the reinforcing plate, which is there to reinforce the bodyshell skin around the mounting nuts.

I would in fact be just as effective in 2 separate crescent parts, but would of course be more difficult to install.

Regards,
    Kerry

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!