Any of the V12 supercharger projects complete?

• I'll ask what my tuner will say gfm..

By us it's no problem Noggie, at this moment, we choose these because it will give power also at the low range...
    Cost a little bit of replacing the oil/hydrofessels, but than it fits....

Yeah, gives me at this point also a warm feeling, but hope that it will be hot when all started up.

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• Dick.
    I was not saying it did'nt look good, it does, it looks great.
    And I'm sure they will work fantastic.
    Gives me that warm feeling too.

If I can get the kit thet John is going to make for me in the car by mid summer, maybe we'll meet somewhere in Eurpe again.
    I know I'd like to take it to the Autobahn an see what she can do.

By the looks of my current work schedule I'll be able to make such a trip in August, hopefully with a blower installed.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Last year I reached 260kph (GPS Speed) on the autobahn with my Hartge setup. I had more to go, but due to the worn suspension I did'nt dare to go faster ( Hartge claimes 280kph wth current setup)

With the blower installed, I hope to reach 300kph, Not a poblem you would say, well, I dont have a stock gear ratio.
    My current setup (by Hartge) is Like the 5.0 Alpina, with a 4 speed auto gearbox and a 3.45 rear diff.( and same horsepower) which at 6000rpm gives me just below 290kph top speed.

Now, 290kph is plenty fast enough, and it will reach it with no problem at all, with a blower.
    The big question is how will the car be in slower speeds, lets say you are driving along in 60kph, then accelerate, if the car now shifts down to 2nd gear, it will take off like a bullet, which may not be desireable.
    Might have to get a different ratio to make the car drive good at normal speeds, I rearly do 250-300kph anyway.

However, smoking an e46 M3 should be fun :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie

If I can get the kit thet John is going to make for me in the car by mid summer, maybe we'll meet somewhere in Eurpe again.
    I know I'd like to take it to the Autobahn an see what she can do.

Judging from other fourms, That will be the longest wait you ever had! Rumor is he's not willing to help anyone... Good luck.

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

Judging from other fourms, That will be the longest wait you ever had! Rumor is he's not willing to help anyone... Good luck.

Hi Marvin -

I just checked my in-box and didn't find any unanswered emails regarding my 850i Supercharger Kit.

Other than one email from you on January 7, 2008 - - which I replied to same day - - there are no other communique's from you.

Are you still using kratesrule@sbcglobal.net as your email address?

Where did you (or others) send your inquiries?

Rgds...

• No problem Noggie, I know that that's not what you wrote. :D
    I've the 395S Diff at this moment, it's the best thing I did till now and hopefully the chargers will do the work I hope they will do.
    I don''t know if the 395S will be driveble, but I have also the orginal diff so, I can put those one under it(get's my second 8 the nice option).
    We will test on 500 and 450 Bhp, I'll think we go for the 450.
    There is a transmission factory who would make you a automatic gearbox that is garantee till 650 Bhp, no problem, the motor should not have serious problems with it.
    When my gearbox wil blowup, I buy this gearbox.
    Of course I would like to see you again(with the turbo would also be nice, can we see what the difference wil be).
    When you feel up to it, look at our meeting at our website(http://www.clube31.nl), you are always welcome.

Yes, there will be openairfilters, are there others? :D

Thanks Tony, it costs till now so 100 hours work(and we are not finish yet) with 2-3 guys to get all at there place.
    But, there will be a standarisation, I'm the guineapig, it should be a kit that he will sell with foto's a.s.o., all the component will be in the kit.
    Now we must find all things out by ourselves, many thing have being replaced, a.s.o., so it should be for the second buyer perhaps do it in 40 hours 2 men.

This week we can't do anything till friday, work must also being done, but than we have a long weekend and we must be at the point that we can order the belts and make a first tryout next week.

Dick

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

I have sent and received several e-mails from John in this matter, he has always replied within 24 hours.
    So I am confident he will come through for me.

I am in no rush, as far as I know John will provide me with a kit, and as long as I know I have something coming I don't care about the time.
    I've let him know what I want, and as soon as he is ready I will transfer the money and wait for the kit to arrive.

If he for some reason have not been as helpful to others I really dont blame him.
    A kit like this is not something you throw together and off you go.
    A good kit dont come cheap either, You could buy a good second hand car for the same price.
    And there are a lot of 'talkers' aroud, and when it all comes down to it they don't have the means to do it.
    If I had to I could pay him today......

Dick.
    It wont be Turbos, the supercharger will, as far as I know, be mounted 'under' the motor, the only difference from stock will be different intake ducts.

My gearbox will be overhauled before the kit is installed, and the mechanic is allready told to upgrade it where it can be upgraded.

I'm thinking about going to the meeting in Sweden, if work allows it.
    If I get to go to Germany to test the car, the Netherlands is not that far away.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I and a friend purchased a set of Manifolds under the impression some assistance would be provided before hand, After the purchase of the manifolds we couldn't get any help to complete the project, The only thing we got was we could use any Turbo's we wanted, That's our fault not yours, I was just sharing the experience.

• Zitat von ///M Turbo

I and a friend purchased a set of Manifolds under the impression some assistance would be provided before hand, After the purchase of the manifolds we couldn't get any help to complete the project, The only thing we got was we could use any Turbo's we wanted, That's our fault not yours, I was just sharing the experience.

Marvin -

Although it was my plan at one point to offer turbo manifolds to the 850 community, I ultimately decided - - for financial reasons - - not to do so. I believe this is well documented in many, if not all, of the English language E31 forums.

If you had purchased a set of manifolds from me (which you didn't - - because I never offered them), I certainly would not have advised you to use "any turbo's you wanted". The space constraints in the 8-Series engine compartment effectively limit the turbos that are suitable for a twin turbocharged M70/S70 application in the E31. Perhaps two or three turbos would work. The rest would either be physically too large or wouldn't flow enough air to feed the displacement of the engine.

Given the above - - and in light of the fact that whatever manifolds you purchased were purchased from someone other than me - - why on earth would you expect me to help you?

Do you somehow think that I owed you something?

Rgds...

• Hello Guys,

I'll give you the last photo's from my project:

The car should be doing the first drive on saturday, but the poulie didn't centre correctly, so we have ordered a centerring, at Wednesday it should be there and we can probe it.
    The following week we will put new custommade exhausts and a Csi-diffcooler, new Edc's on the car, than we go on the testbank to se what see really is made off.

I'll keep you posted, but want to let you know howfar we are....

Cheers

Dick

• Looks great indeed.....
    Mine wont be fitted yet, maybe by July if I'm lucky, but by the end of August it should be in place.

Dick, Where did you get that Alpina bonnet/hood???
    I'm looking for one.... one that doesent cost an arm and a leg....
    Found one in the UK, but at more than 3000£ it's just too much.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I've connections Noggie, friends that had one in spare... :lol:

Dick

• But I know that Thomas Engl makes it when you are interested.
    I don't know the prices...

Dick

• I'll be willing to give about 2000 Euros for one.
    I also plan some other aerodynamic changes to the car but don't worry, I'm just looking at a CSI AC Schnitzer combination.... and no rear wing....
    Iam debating with myself about a CSI front bumper, and Schnitzer mirros and rear bumper.... Havent decided about the side skirts yet, stock or schnitzer.
    The Alpina bonnet is also high on my list and I need to get all these body parts within a year from now as I plan to repaint the car for next summer.

My plan with the supercharger as of now is to go to the US and talk to John, and probably bring a kit back home with me, the question is if I've got time to fit it before I go to work in early July.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!