HID and light alarm question

• Hi guys.

I've been driving my 8 in the dark lately on some roads with no streetlights and I am blown away by how bad the low beams on my e31 are.

Since I rarely use the pop up lights on my car because I have daytime lights in the FTP cluster, I thought I'd just forget about the legality on HID's in my country (need aut level adjustments, and washer system) and install them anyway.

I have found a H1 6000k digital slim ballast set on my countrys equivalent to Ebay (QXL) and the fixed price is just 800nok, which is something like 70gbp.

So to my question, by installing this I'm sure the check control will "bong" me with low beam alarm every time I start the car, how to omitt this alarm?
    resistors? what type (wattage and ohms)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• HID!

I also installed H1 HID.. and i dont have any problems.. (3 Years now)
    it depends on the ballast and the wiring..
    i directly connected the balast wihout relais!

a friend of mine connected with relais and the BC popped up!
    so the ballast needs about 35 watts during running the lights..
    so 20 watts loss than H1!!
    i dont see any problem to run them without relais..

Alle sagten es geht nicht, bis einer kam der das nicht wusste und es einfach machte...:winkwink:

• I did'nt have access to that page.

But I have an ultrasonic cleaner that I can drop them into and get them really clean without taking them appart.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• HID

Hi Argonaut

Well I would be interested in reading a summed up translation of this post. I also have HID on my car and I would like to know what they are talking about (only the main points and only if you have time of course).

Thanks

Michael

• I did actually have German i school for 2 years, however that was back in 1992/93 and I really don't remember much of it.
    I can read a little, and make myself understood when it comes to basic things if I have to.
    But I won't claim to speak the language.

I'll give it a go and let ou know if I get stuck :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I know that you're not in the USA but...

I installed this kit that was recommended to me via some USA 8ers. No errors, plug & play, no extra ballasts. Very easy to install, very well made, very big difference over stock or HIR bulbs. I installed this in the low beams and the fogs. Go for 4300k if you want the brightest light. 6000k will reflect off of raindrops and it will drive you insane :naughty:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com…/showthread.php?t=1102998

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!