Wing Mirror Devastation

• Hi all, awoke this morning and took my car cover off to find my drivers wing mirror hanging. It has been parked in the driveway so I do not think it was hit with a lot of force. I suspect someone leaned up against it. It does not look broken but I can see three pins which should slot into the holes but i cannot get them in. Am working half day today so will try to sort out this afternoon, as I am desperate to use the car tonight i would appreciate any advice that will save me from struggling with it for hours in the cold. Thanks.

• Sorry to read about your problems only advise I can give you is to get in contact with 8Tech he will know what to do.

Best of luck with it :top:

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Deep I can out to my car one day to fine the mirror also hanging off in the staff car park (Sports mirror) Like you say it has three pins which seem to go into slotted holes so for me it was a strong tap with the palm of the hand and hey presto back in place. Well thats what worked for me anyway 2 years ago. Good luck:top:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• It requires a lot more force than you would expect to pop the mirror back in.
    Try a dab of grease on the pegs. This won't make a difference to the tight spring bars, but will reduce "stiction".
    Also, just pushing hard rarely works, a sharp knock is needed - just be careful where you hit and with what.

• Thanks guys, a bit of brute force and ignorance did the trick and in time to enjoy it for the evening, wish I had used grease as now have a sore wrist!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!