Potential Devon/Cornwall meet spring 09

• Just to gauge Interest, If I with a bit of local help were to arrange a meet spring down in the bottom end of the South West, How many would be interested?

I guess the itinerary to be something like , Saturday meet in North Devon with a drive down towards Cornwall[ scenic route]Stay in B&B accommodation then after a hearty breakfast, drive down towards Land End for the 1st ever 8 series photo shoot:grin2:, pasty & a pint for lunch time prior to driving Northbound for the end of the trip.

Any tips/ advice /recomendations welcome

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Steve I have a game against Barnstaple in the next couple of months which would be on a saturday so it may be possible to meet up then if the two dates matched (take the car instead of the team bus). Other than that saturdays are a no go for me during Rugby season.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von schnitz850;57939

Of course it would be rude to miss out....

Keep me posted...

Just as well then, as you are already on my organizers commitee:laugh::laugh:

• Hey up Nick Be Good to have you along{was expecting it any way] but we are going to need much more Interest in order to make it happen. The possibility of several cars coming over from Mainland Europe means we have to make it worth their time travelling? Come on you UK 8 Guys, lets try & do something Together for once?

• Zitat von kneekeybee;58484

Mr Steve,
    any idea when this epic trip may be happening?

Open to suggestions really , I don't intend organising this event single handed, so lets have a few suggestions & see where we go:winkwink:

• Zitat von stevep840;58540

Open to suggestions really , I don't intend organising this event single handed, so lets have a few suggestions & see where we go:winkwink:

How about a meet somewhere with something perhaps vaguely motor industry or sport related followed by a tour taking in some scenic countryside or coastline. Maybe a hotel stop overnight or B&B's, restaurant / bar for a dinner together?

I know it's a very vague idea, I don't know that area of the world too well and as I'm sitting in Zürich it would be very easy for me to organise anything but I'd be happy to help where I can.

• Not a bad suggestion Jason

I only suggested the extreme south west because thats my patch & I know where to go for scenic/hotels/ places of interest etc:hmmmm:

Keep the Ideas coming

• Zitat von stevep840;58549

Not a bad suggestion Jason

I only suggested the extreme south west because thats my patch & I know where to go for scenic/hotels/ places of interest etc:hmmmm:

Keep the Ideas coming

Cheers Steve, actually I just noticed that I missed a small but significant word in my previous post - sitting in Zürich it would "not" be very easy :)

I think a scenic tour with some highlight points would be good, probably a bit too early in the year for a BBQ evening, pub grub and chat would be good though.

• Steve- If it's motor related places of interest you have Bovington, Yovil? Iam up for the restaurants and B/B -You've got some great one's in your patch.

My question - does it have to be Motor related? can it be an 8 Gourmet weekend? there are some great routes to take and I like the idea of the lands end photo shoot.

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Distance

Just a thought here.
    Is Cornwall/Devon to far for many of us?
    Lovely area but a hell of a drive for many.
    Would a meet around Bristol, then a trip up through Chepstow, Monmouth, Ross on Wye be a lot more "central" for most to travel to?

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Zitat von robmarrs;58859

Just a thought here.
    Is Cornwall/Devon to far for many of us?
    Lovely area but a hell of a drive for many.
    Would a meet around Bristol, then a trip up through Chepstow, Monmouth, Ross on Wye be a lot more "central" for most to travel to?

You're dead right it is Rob, I'd be more than happy to travel 'up country' but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to help much in the planning as I'm totally unfamiliar with that area, so if for instance we settle for mid England then someone will have to rise to the challange;-)

Having said that, I have been over to Holland for a weekends meet, & Bloody good it was Too:top:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!