Air Bag Help

• I have the airbag light on; I am convinced the problem is lying within the passenger seat. I can reset the light and it is ok for a while until the seat is moved. I have checked the obvious (bad connections under the seat and can't find anything). Has anyone replaced the seat sensor mat, if so where is it? In the base of the seat or in the back? Any clues would be much appreciated.

Stuart

• my ears having been burning :winkwink:

It was indeed a faulty Passenger Airbag Sensor. Whilst I haven't been brave enough to remove the leather from the seat as yet, the light can be gotten rid of by connecting the new Sensor (around £70 from $tealers) and just connecting it under the seat. OK, at present there is no chance the airbag will activate in the event of a crash.... BUT my car is SORN'd at the moment so there is no chance of me having a crash in it :harhar:

The lesson here for everyone is NOT to put your knee on the passenger seat and reach across to grab something on the OS rear passenger seat.... the pressure broke my sensor (since the light came on immediately after I did this!).

The sensor seems to be a pain to fit since it is inside the whole seat, but I'm pretty sure it can be fitted without too much hassle (he says....)

Got plenty of little jobs to do on the car before I get her up and running again (she is mechanically sound, just a list of niggly stuff that has been bugging me for ages).

But I've decided not to sell her. Can't face it !

• I'd have the fault codes read out.
    My old E36 had a faulty belt buckle that caused this light to come on.
    There is a small explosive charge in it that will tighten your belt on impact, this thing had failed om my car.

So have the codes checked so you don't risk changing the pressure mat in vain.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!