Collected the CSi from Phoenix Motorsport

• I picked up the car last week from Phoenix, and all I can say is Gerry's high reputation is well deserved. I had a 340 mile drive back to Ireland and enjoyed every minute of it. You guys may think it is a bit far fetched to bring a car this distance for work, but this car is very special to me, it still only has 47k miles, and I believe it is probably one of the best examples of its type around, and I do my best to keep it that way. I did also want a few extra things sorted and Gerry seemed to be the best bet going on feedback here.
    I had a full service, trans fluid, front nosecone repaint for stone chips(excellent job), rear shock tower reinforcing plates, front poly bushes, and a complete brake system overhaul, with drilled discs, black refinished calipers, and ss brake lines. Two of the wheels had very minor chips so refurbed all four to perfection. The car always did drive beautifully, but its even better now, and the brakes are fantastic. I never did meet Gerry, as he was unavoidably away when I booked the flight over, but if you are reading this Gerry, a big thank you:driver:
    Steve
    Here are a few pics of the front and brakes/refinished wheels.

• Zitat von Jud;60009

The car looks GREAT!

Gerry does awesome work.

Thanks Jud, it is completely original, never had paint, original stereo, pixel cluster etc all perfect. I did buy a hid light kit for it, but decided not to use it, I just feel it is best to keep it as it was when built. The interior is flawless too, people sometimes ask if it has been retrimmed recently it looks so new!

• Hey Steve,
    that looks beautiful. Really great work, everything looks as new. I must
    get my own throwing star alloys re-furbed but unlike the U.K., we don't have many options here in Ireland!

From an Irish perspective, how was the journey over and back and where exactly is Phoenix garage? I originally bought my car in the UK last year but must admit that I'm tempted to bring it back over to get a few things done to it (not modded) - alloys re-furbed, new exhaust system/replacement etc. Seems that it was defo worth the trip over to Phoenix.

Brill though, looks sweet as a nut!!! Also, like the look of your garage and its contents!!!! :top:

• Hi Keenan. Phoenix is maybe 10 mins from Heathrow Airport. Its about a three and half hour drive from Holyhead, but it is an easy drive. I flew to Gatwick as i stayed overnight with some friends in Haywards Heath, hence the four and half hour drive back next day. I came back via Pembroke/Rosslare.
    Not sure about a good wheel refurbisher in Ireland, aside from Nu Luk Wheels, but they are in Carrickfergus, so if you have a way of getting the rims there, they are excellent. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!