m60 vs m62

• Probably time that I figure out whether I've got the 4 or 4.4 litre. Any easy ways to spot the difference? My 840 was built in 95 when there were still some of the old M60's going in, mid-year switching over to the new M62's.

Halifax, Canada

1995 840ci
    2001 Jeetta TDI
    2006 Porsche Cayenne TT (needed a sports car that'll push through 12 inches of snow)

• Zitat von Mojo;63407

Probably time that I figure out whether I've got the 4 or 4.4 litre. Any easy ways to spot the difference? My 840 was built in 95 when there were still some of the old M60's going in, mid-year switching over to the new M62's.

you could always enter your chassis number into REALOEM.COM and there wil be a summary of your cars details at the end with either M60 or M62

• Answer is ..... M60

Thanks Gentlemen. I used both sites and both gave the M60 as the engine under my hood. I was hoping for the 4.4 but the M60 given me no trouble for 5 years.... so no complaints.

Thanks again,
    Allan

Halifax, Canada

1995 840ci
    2001 Jeetta TDI
    2006 Porsche Cayenne TT (needed a sports car that'll push through 12 inches of snow)

• The easy non computerized way to check is to remove the Oil filler cap and look down at the cam drive chain.

If it is double row it is an M60 and if single row it is an M62.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!