What is the official colour of my leather?

• I have an Estoril blue 840 with white leather and blue piping.

Does anyone know what the leather colour is called? I believe it is 'light silver grey' but all I see is 'silver grey' on my build sheet and I am pretty sure that is referring to the rest of my interior. Such as the carpets and dashboard.

I am wanting to get leather dye to fix a small scuff on the drivers seat. I did get some 'silver grey' bmw code dye from liquid leather but it matches my dashboard exactly, and is far too grey for the seats.

Anyone know? I'm sure you guys do!

• Hello Fraser;

Per your build sheet (resent to you last month and you confirmed receiving), here's what is installed in your interior:

• Keder an Fahrer- und Beifahrersitz in Walknappa estorilblau ( Nr. 2 491 59 )
    • Restliche Innenausstattung wie bei Leder Nappa silbergrau hell, Schl.Nr. M5SH

Translated?

• Piping on the driver and front passenger in Walknappa Estorilblau ( code No. 2 491 59 )
    • Remaining interior Nappa leather like silver bright, Schl.Nr. M5SH

For more information on code M5SH, go here

The M62 840CiA Sports were subject special order interiors (code: SONDERPOLSTERUNG/OHNE FARBANGABE (Z1XX)). However, it is a misnomer for a majority of the cars because the interior is standard, like your car and the only special ordered part of it is the "piping" on the front seats.

You are more than welcome to email me via the Contacts page at 8coupe.com anytime you have a question about your car and its production information.
    http://www.8coupe.com/contact.htm

• Thanks a lot! I have been having fun with online translators trying to read what that meant exactly!! :roll:

Do you perhaps know of anywhere I could get a hold of some leather dye of the exact colour?

Liquid leather is a good source but do not have that colour listed and I do not really want to go sending them a headrest to colour match.

• Hey Sparkles! I wondered who owned that lovely blue 8 going about Aberdeen, I'm up here too; I've a deep red 840 sports.

I've just had all the leather restored in the car by a fantastic guy called Paul from http://www.leatherrevive.co.uk...he is based in Lancs but does travel about.

Before you go and buy anything to do with the leather, give him a call. He gave me invaluable advice in getting my interior done (needed restoring, etc and didn't cost the earth either). I'll get some pics up on here before and after when I get it back from being serviced.

Cheers! :)

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• Sounds great and thanks for the advice.

I will certainly give him a try. It is only on a tiny spot so if he is willing then it may be worth my while.

I do remember seeing you once on the roads I think! Good to see you on here. I will keep a lookout. I do love the deep red on the 840's. Real nice colour choice.

:winkwink:

• Zitat von stevep840;63795

http://www.dynamixdyes.com/ These people have what you need , used them myself many times & they are easy to deal with.;-)

So the term these guys are using for "(0353) Silbergrau Hell" is "Silver Grey-light" then. Nice, will be getting some for my front seats :top:

• Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;63825

These guys look really good. They have the colour need.

I'll give them a try.

Thanks!

Did you order the stuff from Dynamixdyes? Curious about how it works out. Wouldn't mind seeing it for myself actually, as I work from Aberdeen on a supply vessel ;)

• Yes I did order it but havn't tried it yet.

Im not 100% sure the colour is correct. It seems a lot more grey in the bottle than the colour of the seats. Maybe it dries lighter?

I will post pics when I get around to it.

:winkwink:

• Nice, looking forward to that. Maybe Steve can clarify that color issue?

• I don't think there is need for any more worry,before opening give the bottle a good shake,make sure the leather to be treated is clean[methylated spirits]
    apply in light coats, maybe 3 or 4 to cover where the colour is gone but in my experience it drys the right colour.

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!