Interior wood pack

• Here we are again at that time of the year where we are asked "What do you want for Christmas?" (That also means you have to answer the question back). At my age that useually results in gallons of aftershave, socks, underware...etc...etc...last year I got some new slippers -lucky boy - Bah humbug. I am no Ebeneezer Scrooge but this year it would be nice to have something I actually want which is a bit of an @rse as I don't really want anything. After being nagged by my wife I said from behind my newspaper that I needed a new set of overmats for my 8. That'll stump her! They arrived this morning, £13.50, not bad quality and anyway I'm only going to put my feet on them. (Cyberspares.co.uk - arrived within 2 days of placing the order) Thus enboldened I have now requested her to get me a wood pack for the 8. (saw a car at Gaydon with one, would go nice with my pipe and slippers). Although she surfed the net nearly all night she ended up washed up and on the rocks having failed to to find anything on-line. Do any of you chaps have any ideas?

• Hello, well finding a decent set of wood interior trim is going to be nigh on impossible, several have tried, many have failed (this sounds a bit like the quest for the holy grail). What you can do is to get the items you want in wood to look wood using a technique caled water transfer process. Here's a link to a company offering this service which has been used by some club members. (You'll need German but Google translate can help you or if you need some help them contact me via PM)

Linky: http://www.wassertransfertechnik.eu/html/wassertransfer.html

Here's an example taken from Martin's thread on this (was also in German):

• Thanks for that Argonaut. Sounds like this Christmas might be out of the question then! Thanks for the offer of assistance with the German website but I have a friend who is a fluent german speaker - buy him some Lowenbrau and he would shoot his own Granny if you asked - so I will rope him in for assistance. If that fails, Iwill be back.

• Zitat von Lloyd;71206

Argonaut this is something that I thought of in the past albeit with a carbon fibre transfer. However it always seemed too expensive. Any idea of how much the wood process was?

Hi Lloyd, I don't know how much this cost, I think the price was discussed in the thread where the link originally came from, I'll have a look and let you know.
    Cheers

• I have received a message from a chap in Poland who has a wood pack for an E31. It's no good to me has it doesn't have enough holes to accomodate the swichgear on my CSi. The other slight fly - nay pteredactyl - in the ointment is that he wants 300 euro for it. Nobody loves me enough to spend that amount on my xmas pressie! But if anybody out there is interested in it let me know and I will forward the details.

• Zitat von Argonaut;71204

Here's an example taken from Martin's thread on this (was also in German):

All the parts costs sFr. 700.- (470 Euro)

There are a lot of films on youtube about the production process.

K2 Demonstrates Camouflage Application

Wassertransferdruck - Fernsehbeitrag des DSF

My parts come from here http://www.wassertransfertechn…wassertransfertechni.html

Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!