Insurance help!

• Hi everyone! Just bought myself 97 , 840 ci sport... When i was buying, i heard some rumors about classic car insurance for bmw 8er... Some people say its cheaper than normal one.. Can you give me advice, what company should i call to get a quote? I will be using my car only weekends.... thanks!

• Zitat von Lloyd;76954

Performance direct insure mine for £224 all in (and its a second car)

That's a very good deal there Lloyd - would you mind sharing a few more details? No claims allowance? Mileage limitation? Agreed Value? Salvage buy-back rights? etc?

So far I have a no frills fully comp but I think I'm paying too much and I'd like to have a few extras such as agreed value.

Cheers

• thanks guys for quick answers! My 840 is still in bodyshop, next week she is back on the road :)this is how she looked like, with previous owner. I have bought this car from copart auction, and currently she is under repair... BTW, previous owner, his name is Chris, and possibly most of you know him, coz he participated in Gaydon meet 08 and 09 .. He even sent me second key and full service history! Awesome man! He was very sad after he made an accident, and insurance sold this car to the auction. But i will take care of her, and she will look just same perfect :)

• Zitat von arnie;76969

Make sure you have an agreed value, as I have just discovered from bad experience that otherwise you lose out to "market value".

I know mate, I'm a reinsurance underwriter by profession and it annoys me to see how inflexible insurance companies can be and how they always hide behind "it's not our policy to do this" style BD arguments, the thing about insurance is that you can cover whatever you want in any way you want provided it's not illegal.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!