bit of advice please

• right then guys, i havent been to look at the 850 yet, but have pursuaded myself that its just not gonna happen:thumpdown: i really dont want to sell my 540i sport so i can run the 850, yeh i'm on the 8 series international forum so i'm probably going to get pins shoved into my voodoo doll:laugh:

but have been looking and hearing about the potential running costs/repair bills that can come with an 850 and at the moment i'm not in the finanial circumstances that allow me to throw money at a car.

i will get some better pics today though, and have told the guy selling it not to advertise it yet until you guys have first look here is my mobile number for when i put the pics up if anyone is intrested, and the price of 4k is very firm

karl 07769213245

• I think that you've been scared-off unnecessarily. A 540 Sport is a great car and if it's problem-free then that is of course a major consideration on whether or not to swap. The price of £4000 for an 850 is not too much, especially if its a manual version, which are extremely rare. For all intents and purposes, apart from the tacky name-plate on the ash-tray cover, it would be the same as this car (at £20k):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Alpi…es_UK&hash=item2eafc83d31

... which, incidentally, is even older that the one you've been considering.

With old cars there are always some bits to to fix and repair, but nothing that would be any different to your 540 if it were of similar age.

Other than as a Csi or Alpina, a manual 850 is a very rare car indeed.

• Go for it you will NEVER regret i can promice you that :)

Regards
    Terje

• Zitat von kadvr6;81649

well i have prov bought the car, its going for an MOT on monday so will post on here what the outcome was, fingers crossed its not a very very long failure sheet:)

Let me know how it goes Karl.
    Might see you at the next meet now I've sold my M535i. :top:

• just a little update, been realy busy with work so wont be able to get the car to the MOT station till saturday.

Hi Daz, you are a true stalker:laugh: pm me your number mate as would like you to give it a look over if you dont mind.

karl

• Zitat von kadvr6;81767

just a little update, been realy busy with work so wont be able to get the car to the MOT station till saturday.

Hi Daz, you are a true stalker:laugh: pm me your number mate as would like you to give it a look over if you dont mind.

karl

Not too busy to be offering it for sale to another member on Bm Land:harhar:

You've been Busted Matey

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Mate,

I've got a 2001 535 sport - and its a great car - all the car you'll ever need (which is why I won't sell it)

But the feeling you get from driving round in an E31 is brilliant, especially when you've got nice and sorted (suspension wise).

Yes - its mainly the attention it gets - no-one bats an eyelid at my 535 but the 840 get loads of attention!

You might spend a little more than you anticipate but only because you'll really like driving the thing.

Good luck with it, hopefully I'll see you driving round in it when I visit my Brother in Boldmere (which is near you right?)

Jin

• Zitat von stevep840;81773

Not too busy to be offering it for sale to another member on Bm Land:harhar:

You've been Busted Matey

as i have already stated on here i do not no what i would be doing with the 8 as i already have a lovely 2002 540i sport that i know 100% and has been/is a great car, the 8 series has just literally dropped into my hands. If i dont save it then there is somebody else who just wants to buy it and break it, the car is to good for breaking so all i'm doing is saving it.

so yeh i have offered it to someone who has been looking for a manual 850, i'm going to be paying for the car, hopefully get it all road worthy and giving it a damn good clean, i'm not asking 8k for it just about 5ishk which is cheap as i dont want to see it being broke.

sorry if you think i have been busted?? but hey if it makes you feel better i wont bother getting it all road worthy and just let the other guy break it.

try and do the right thing and people think your just making a quick buck:roll:

• A Joke gone wrong, I'm not bothered what happens but I wasn't trying to insult you:hmmmm::top:try not to see the worst in people

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von kadvr6;81767

just a little update, been realy busy with work so wont be able to get the car to the MOT station till saturday.

karl

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    PM sent mate.

PS the M535i goes to its new owner tomorrow. :thumpdown:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!