2011-06-17..19 - NO - International meeting in Norway June 17th - 19th 2011

• Zitat von huldra66;89920

You could buy one and keep it for free in my garage if you leave the keys :harhar: ( would prefer an Alpina then ) ha ha :laugh:

Regards
    Terje

I was away for a while and just noticed your offer. As long as you promised to keep it alive and in a good condition its all yours than :top:.

Unfortunately Alpina is a bit much for me right now. Is the offer still exist then :)

• Since this thread is brought back to life I thought I'd just give you all a small update.

for 2012 there will be no meeting in Norway, but Sweeden is planning on one that will probably be held in June, so stay tuned for news from our Swedish friends.

Terje and myself have a few ideas for a 2013 event in Norway, we think we have found an area that will be even more amazing than this years meeting on the scenic side, just need to find some great roads.
    Just talks and ideas at the moment, but based on the success of this years meeting we would like to do another one.... We just need to figure out how to surpass the one we had this year. :grin2:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Thanks for the news, Egil.

For 'us' the period 19.06.-05.07.2012 is blocked for the great annual 8er- & Alpina-Tour. We partecipate a big (about 50 cars) meeting in Estonia around midsummernight, and after it we'll spend five days in St. Petersburg (Russia) and Novgorod.

A lot of cars will come from Finland to Estonia and make a trip, together with us, to Riga and across the Estonian Islands. It would be very nice to meet some Norwegian and Swedish friends in Estonia.

Maybe the Swedish could arrange their meeting date so that some of us could jump over the Baltic Sea before or after the Estonian event?

Cheers:

Armin

• That is a good Idea Armin.

Pelle will have to comment on that thought.
    Also I believe the weekend around June 23rd is a big "midsummers night" celebration in Sweeden so I would guess it will be placed before or after that weekend.
    But like I said, Pelle is the one to get information from.

I too would like to see the Alpina group visit us.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Pelle;92492

Yes we are planning for a meeting in Sweden on June 15-17

noted.... vacation application will be submitted for that time. :top:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Yes, Fabrice, of course it is.
    (If not, the trip wouldn't have been posted in this forum.)

Are you interested in a single or a double room i.e. will you come alone or with a partner?

I will ask my partner in Estonia if there is still a possibility available or if we just have reached the limit of 15 cars ...

Merry Christmas!

Armin

• Hi,

I have to figure out where is the meeting taking place? How far from Paris is that? Also i am thinking of putting my 8 onto the train as close as possible to the meeting. So i have to check all that first.

Fabrice:driver:

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• @ Terje:

Hej, there is no limit of cars at all. You're very welcome!

But we have a pre-reserved number of 15 cabins (and/or car parkings) on the ferryboat from Germany to Latvia (Lettland/Latonia) and to the islands of Estonia. As you know, during midsummer period in Scandinavia and the Baltic States nearly everyone leaves the cities and goes back to the roots by joining meetings of family, friends or chorusses. Therefore the disponibility of ferries and rooms may restrict our tour eventually.

Should we need space for more than 15 cars, we have to contact the ferry companies.

@ Fabrice:

On June 19th, the tour starts at Rostock, a German harbour on the Baltic Sea. It's about 1.100 kms from Paris and needs ca. 10-11 hours. The ferryboat goes to one of the ports in Latvia (Latonia / Lettland), Liepaja (Libau) or Ventspils (Windau). Next overnight stop is in Riga, pleasant capital of Latvia. The annual Baltic Midsummer BMW Meeting takes place in a very little village, called Varska, situated near a lake where the borders of Estonia, Russia and Bielorussia (White Russia) come together.

First week of our tour closes with a trip though Estonia and the highlights of the Estonian Islands in the Baltic Sea. Second week brings us to Russia where we will stay five nights in St. Peterburg including a trip to the city of Novgorod. We leave Russia by ferryboat from St. Peterburg to Germany, one of the harbours of Sassnitz or Lubeca (Lübeck - Travemünde). From there it's about 1.200 (1.000) kms to Paris and needs ca. 12 (10) hours.
    The travel ends on July 5th.

@ Terje & Fabrice

Not including the distances in your homeland, the trip around Latonia & Estonia is about 1.500-2.000 kms, the Russian part 700-1.000 kms.

By the way: It's possible to combine our tour with joining the Swedish 8er Midsummer Meeting from 15.-17.06.2012.

If you want to partecipate the Russian trip, you need a passport and assecurations for your health as well as for your car, both valid in Russia, and mostly recommended an international drivers license. Russia asks for a visa, and to avoid difficulties we may use a professional visa service. The organizators, "Kuhni" and me here in this forum, we propose to collect all passports and so to minimize your individual bureaucracy.

The visa and hotel reservation in Russia is said to need a lot of time commonly, and therefore ...

your deadline for joining the tour is January 15th, 2012 !!!

Fixing only the Estonian part of the tour may take place until end of January 2012.

Please note that we must collect an payment in advance for visa fees and hotel reservations.

Please confirm your partecipation by message to "Kuhni" or "Daten-Salat".

Merry Christmas once more!

Armin

• Even later movies :harhar:

Got these from Fabrice when we where in Munich.
    Short movies and good fun :top:

Enjoy it will soon be summer again , and we will met in Sweden next time.
    :driver:Not to forget the planned meeting in Nederland in May for those going there

http://s1180.photobucket.com/a…view&current=M4H00587.mp4

http://s1180.photobucket.com/a…view&current=M4H00788.mp4

http://s1180.photobucket.com/a…view&current=M4H00791.mp4

http://s1180.photobucket.com/a…view&current=M4H00648.mp4

http://s1180.photobucket.com/a…view&current=M4H00883.mp4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!