2011-06-17..19 - NO - International meeting in Norway June 17th - 19th 2011

• Zitat von Noggie;86747

It is the quickest route, only downside is that you will end up close to the camping and follow the same route as we will drive from the camping on Sunday to the hotel.
    You will see the scenery twice unless you decide to take the same ferry home, then you will probably leave us on the mountain on Sunday and go towards Oslo as we head back down to the e39 main road.

Nothing wrong with seeing a nice scenery twice or even more often. I haven't decided yet what I'll do after the official part of the meeting. Once I'm up there I might as well take a few more days off and enjoy the country.

• Zitat von wokke;86748

Nothing wrong with seeing a nice scenery twice or even more often. I haven't decided yet what I'll do after the official part of the meeting. Once I'm up there I might as well take a few more days off and enjoy the country.

If many indicate that they would like to stay on we could probably get the same price at the hotel one more night, then go to the pulpits rock on Monday.
    Some have indicated that they are interested in a drive up the west coast cross the mountain and head down to Oslo.

Things can be arranged, just give us the requests.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Hi

I confirm you i will definatly come for the meeting. My partner will be Antonin the french vice president of our club.
    Now i want to know if the program is completed? Please help for best routes coming from paris France.
    Looking forward to it. Btw planning to leave on wednesday evening then arrive on thursday late afternoon and leave sunday when meeting is over.
    See you soon
    Fabrice

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• Zitat von fabrice;86762

Hi

I confirm you i will definatly come for the meeting. My partner will be Antonin the french vice president of our club.
    Now i want to know if the program is completed? Please help for best routes coming from paris France.
    Looking forward to it. Btw planning to leave on wednesday evening then arrive on thursday late afternoon and leave sunday when meeting is over.
    See you soon
    Fabrice

Fabrice,

use Google maps. Works great for this purpose. Since you'll be going via Germany I can email you a word document which I made today with various routing options incl. prices, ferries etc.

@all coming from the west (France, Belgium, Netherlands etc.) going through Germany

Google maps recommends to go via Bremen (A1 / E37). Do NOT take this route. It is mainly just two lanes with trucks all over plus 120km/h speed limit. It absolutely sucks. Go via Hannover instead (A2 / E30). Not a big detour but much faster.

• Zitat von fabrice;86763

Please terje or egil Can you book one room for me and antonin but with 2 beds!
    Thanks
    Fabrice

Will be done :)

Looking forward to seeing you all.

I am only aware of ferries from Hirtshals in Denmark to Kristiansand or Stavanger in Norway, and the Kiel in Germany to Oslo in Norway routes.

We will try to keep this thread a live so that people can try to meet up a long the way here.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Fabrice.

Will you and Antonin come in one or two cars?.

Everyone.

Please send me and Terje an email with the following details.
    -Full name for all participants (hotel booking)
    -number of cars if you are more than one
    -E-mail address to all participants (for future information, booking confirmation)

If you like Wokke and Fabrice sign up two or more persons (other than your wife :) ) please specify if you are driving more than one car.
    We also need full name and e-mail for that person.

Mail to.
    Egil.sandvik@gmail.com

T.Nordhus@slb.com

Really appreciate the thread in the German section of the forum.
    Lets me refresh my German language skills that I learned in school almost 20 years ago, and hardly used since :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie;86906

Really appreciate the thread in the German section of the forum.
    Lets me refresh my German language skills that I learned in school almost 20 years ago, and hardly used since :)

Hallo Egil,

da kann ich Dir gerne helfen. Aber erwarte nicht, dass ich Norwegisch lerne. :rofl:

• Zitat von wokke;86908

Hallo Egil,

da kann ich Dir gerne helfen. Aber erwarte nicht, dass ich Norwegisch lerne. :rofl:

Hehe.
    You can help me :)

Norwegisch ist eine der schwierigsten Sprachen der Welt lernen, so dass ich nicht erwarten

Ich spreche besser als ich schreibe :)
    und meine Grammatik ist sehr schlecht.

My English however is perfect. :laugh:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Hi everyone,

I confirm you Antonin and i are driving in the same car (mine). We are not coming with our respective wives... then we can catch up with norwegian girls!!! :rofl::rofl:

Terje i sent you all the details you needed for Antonin and myself.:top:

Dick, we might be leaving on wednesday from Paris around 2pm and drive some 770kms approx. 7hrs 15mns drive to Hanover going through belgium and through dusseldorf then take A2 like Wolf suggested. Sleep in Hanover then leave on thursday early morning around 5:15max for 674kms approx. 6 hrs drive then we hopefully manage to take the 12:15pm ferry from Hirtshals to Kristiansand at 2:40pm and drive to Stavanger approx arrive 6:30pm or more.:devilchilli:
    So if you want to catch up it will be with pleasure.:kiss:
    Fabrice:driver:

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• I strongly disagree on your German language skills.
    Dein Deutsch ist fast perfekt und vermutlich besser als das vieler Eingeborenen hier bei uns ;)
    Ich werde Dich aber im Juni ausgiebig testen :)
    Und wenn es nicht klappt, weichen wir einfach auf unser perfektes Englisch aus :rofl:

• Zitat von wokke;86919

I strongly disagree on your German language skills.
    Dein Deutsch ist fast perfekt und vermutlich besser als das vieler Eingeborenen hier bei uns ;)
    Ich werde Dich aber im Juni ausgiebig testen :)
    Und wenn es nicht klappt, weichen wir einfach auf unser perfektes Englisch aus :rofl:

I have to admit I did use some help. I did write it first and then double checked with google translate.
    Had too correct a few spelling and grammar mistakes :laugh:

I have hardly spoken German since school, and not written any since 1993.

I think I will fail your test :)
    And I think we will have to speak English very quick.

I'm am a huge fan of Rammstein, but it does take me a while before I get the lyrics.
    I will admit, supercharged 850, Rammstein on the stereo and the German de-restricted Autobahn was a.... shall we say really fast experience last September :)

Oh. and my experience is that Denmark is covered in 3-3,5 hours. I just put my cruise control at 140-150kph.... no problem, police will start to take an interest in you when you pass 160kph.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Now I have booked rooms for 15 persons at Lysefjord
    We have as of today 15 100% confirmed people on the list as well as 35 unconfirmed / Interested on the list.

Will wait a few day's more before we annonce this fully in the Norwegian community, to give International e31 drivers the best possibilities :driver:

I Have also earlier booked place for 35 Car's at the ferry , possibly a bit optimistic but seems like the interest is bigger then we have expected / hoped for so you never know :devilchilli:

Regards
    Terje

• Zitat von fabrice;86933

Egil,

So you say that there is no pb in driving at 140 150km/h on the danish highway? Isn't it 120?
    Fabrice:driver:

The speed limit in Denmark is 110 and 130. I usually drive 130 in the 110 and 150 in the 130. 20 over is no issue. Denmark is about 300km long, I usually drive through Denmark in about 3 hours when I'm going to Germany.
    On the last leg to Hirtshals from Ålborg (about 80km) there is mostly just the ferry traffic, and very nice roads, so if you are running a little late you easy make up time there.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie;86928

I'm am a huge fan of Rammstein, but it does take me a while before I get the lyrics.
    I will admit, supercharged 850, Rammstein on the stereo and the German de-restricted Autobahn was a.... shall we say really fast experience last September :)

With these lines you almost convinced me to come as well! :devilchilli:

Too bad my car isn't in as good condition that it need for a trip like this.

But next year perhaps... ;)

Iwarsson Sweden
    E31 M70 6-speed
    Black on black -91

• Well, if you are so nice to lend me your garage? :grin2:

The strangest things happens when you drive your car all around the year. Yesterday I drove from Viared to Seglora. It was about 15 cm of snow-slush and the road wasn't plowed.

If I had stopped I would have get stuck, and there is nothing for 15km. So I kept a steady speed in third gear... Halfway through something cracked under the car and it started to sound strange. I kept an eye on oil and water and I was quite sweaty now. :ahhhhh:

I went straight to BMW and it was the cover under the gearbox that had folded backwards of all snow-slush.

Back ON topic. We'll see what happens, it sound like a really nice trip.

Iwarsson Sweden
    E31 M70 6-speed
    Black on black -91

• Zitat von Iwarsson;86974

If I had stopped I would have get stuck, ....

running on 285 summer tires? ;)
    I had no issues whatsoever during wintern and we had some serious snow. The only issue was, that sometimes my car has been the snow plow because it was too low to the ground.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!