koenig front grill

• Just wondering what the 8 community thinks of the koenig front end with the removed kidney grilles?

I personally like it and think although it takes the BMW styling away it gives back a more sporty look.
    Im attempting a respray in a few months hopfully and am debating removing the 2 grills and modifying it into 1 the same as the koenigg grille.
    Thaughts guys?

• It's your car, so it's up to you to decide... But if you are looking for opinions: I definitely like the BMW kidneys much better. The Koenig Specials front end looks unfinished/damaged - as if someone with a tow hook backed up into it. Just my opinion of course...

• I've never actually liked the original front grill all that much. To me - especially the crome-ones - it looks like a pig sniffing for truffles.

The König, however, is (in my taste, of course) a little weirder. Without that little dent in the middle (which already got the propper picture response from Argonout) I like it. But only without the dent..

• :winkwink: Don't think that Walter and Willi Koenig where glad about the nose!
    It was a necessary evil - due to copyrights -that they modified it. You won't find an official photo of a KS8 with it's original BMW-nose and badges - far to expensive!

Also the other modified cars(Jags, Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches) had to get their own KS-badge!

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• I like people to know they are being followed by a BMW. the kidney grills say it all.
    I do have the mod but as yet not fitted it only because the car was recently painted and the original owner did not opt for it.

hanks to Harry for all your help on this one.

• ^ thats some motor youve got there mate....looks like its on steroids.

So whats your plans with the grill then if you have the mod but not installed?
    I personally thing the chrome in the grills is the worst bit about the 8 series...not sure why but when i look at it i just think its a random bit of chrome stuck on just for the sake of it and doesnt match the car.

• Zitat von koenig dave;83807

I like people to know they are being followed by a BMW. the kidney grills say it all.
    I do have the mod but as yet not fitted it only because the car was recently painted and the original owner did not opt for it.

thanks to Harry for all your help on this one.

:winkwink:

...and that was the problem...

Dave, your're always welcome! And thanks for all your support too!

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• I have no plans for the grill at preasant but the next time I hit a sleeping policeman or scuff the front end that may change.
    The car is the only rhd ks8 in the world. My good friend Harry accquired the nose mod and helped me get a letter of authenticity from Koenig Specials. I have since the pictures been taken fitted M tech mirrors witch make the car look a lot more modern.

• cool...looks very 80's retro sport with the arches and the rear vents.
    I saw another 840 today parked up which was good because i got to see it how everyone else sees my car and have decided when i respray the car im going to loose the kidneys.koenig grill has to be done!

• The part Koenig sent me cost 300 euro, when it is fitted some kindf of grill or mesh also nees to be attached.
    12j' 3 piece rims on the rear 335 35 17 pirelli p zero 10j front.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!