The final 8er

• Thanks everyone for your kind words - thanks Nick for paving the way and Graham for all the time you have spent running and driving around, hunting down more obscure evidence, likely lost in the tides of time.

Had this car appeared a year later I´d probably just jotted it down, notified the community and left it at that, but for some reason it triggered a long since dormant switch. :dontknow:

There is not much reason to have a RHD car over here, only for me it does not make a big difference, since you will see me driving on the right lane, hat firmly in the face, most of the time.
    It is a PITA if you try to give in to the wish to overtake a car and truth be told, what BMW designed for a brake linkage to "ye other side" is nothing short of an embarassment. Coming to think of marshmallows here :roll:

Nevertheless with a pedigree like this it will always remain a cherished possession and likely be taken out to the odd meeting here or there. Now that I have the proper car I might even contemplate the thought of travelling "overseas" :D
    ----
    WRT video: do they download if clicking on the link but not play? Then some kind of codec is missing for you. They are MPEG4 encoded and play on WindowsMediaPlayer 11, also available for ancient operating systems like WinXP. Not sure about Mac though.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von reinhard;92755

and truth be told, what BMW designed for a brake linkage to "ye other side" is nothing short of an embarassment. Coming to think of marshmallows here :roll:
    Reinhard

The brakes work a lot better when the linkages are lubricated as detailed here:

http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E31/E31_Brake_Improvement.htm

Mine are pretty good now!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!