ST Tuning rear bumper addon

• That's interesting, plans for custom side skirts and front bumper too?

I'm the boring type, got a CSi kit that I will have fitted to mine in June (it's in Sweden waiting for me)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Noggie;95120

That's interesting, plans for custom side skirts and front bumper too?

I'm the boring type, got a CSi kit that I will have fitted to mine in June (it's in Sweden waiting for me)

No mate just the boot spoiler:laugh:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi Dave

I think at first they tried selling the complete kit?, now it is available separately.

The rear section was intended as a complete rear bumper replacement! but after examining it I was sure that would be detrimental to the cars quality.

So ,having bought it i decided to cut it in Half:ahhhhh:

Th fit was OK but as with most Glass Fibre parts plenty of trail fitting & blending in is req, I've done what I can so it's down to the profis now:harhar:

• Toying with a vented bonnet at the moment. 2 sets of vents have been laser cut, yet to be bent. I have a spare e31 bonnet and a bonnet from a e36 to practice on. how do you fix the vent to the bonnet without bending it?

• I take it they are metal louvres?, if so dont try welding!!!!!!the whole bonnet distorts so I guess you could bond it with panel adhesive or take it to the body shop who worked on your motor:)

• Zitat von koenig dave;95132

my car was done at koenig, Munich. to far to go just to put slots in the hood.
    how about lead or resin? I did a bit of lead welding many years ago.

I know that:harhar:I was joshing about , when I was selling my Green 8 a guy from Liverpool area phoned about it, said he had a Red Konig in his shop.

I don't know much about Lead but i guess resin would be good, don't happen to have a pr of vents spare Dave Old mate;-)

• ALPINA hoods are carbon fibre over the BMW steel frame.
    sorry Steve at the moment I have to say no, but if I get it looking good I will gladly help.
    do you want a diagram with dimentions for the vents?

• OMG - that boot spoiler's beautiful, the black, the subtlety of the lines, the organic shape growing seemlessly from the car's lines:stoned:

The rest of the kit looks too safe, too visually pleasing and not challenging enough to rattle the soul of the onlooker:hmmmm:

I'm sorry, but I can't condone the addition any kind of non standard spoilers or body candy. You won't catch me trying to do a DIY spoiler of any kind :grin2:

Good to see you're back properly Steve - that is doing your own thing. Love it :)

• Zitat von koenig dave;95141

ALPINA hoods are carbon fibre over the BMW steel frame.
    sorry Steve at the moment I have to say no, but if I get it looking good I will gladly help.
    do you want a diagram with dimentions for the vents?

Any Diagram would be most helpfull, I think i'm goina get the buzz saw out again:laugh:, can you email it or??? let me know please.

Cheers

• :laugh: I think it was Lloyd who asked "what plans have you got for it" I replied "none at all" just going to use it as it was intended??

Such a fricken fibber:hmmmm:

• There is a guy in the US (on bimerforums) who sel pre made metal louvers, also Thomas Engl has these.
    There is also a guy on Bimmerforums in the US that have made a fiberglass Alpina replica.
    It's a fiberglass skin bonded to a fiberglass frame.

I will have louvers in my hood some day, just don't know when and how yet.

There is also a guy in Sweden who simply cut louvers into his stock hood with a grinder.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Noggie;95189

There is a guy in the US (on bimerforums) who sel pre made metal louvers, also Thomas Engl has these.
    There is also a guy on Bimmerforums in the US that have made a fiberglass Alpina replica.
    It's a fiberglass skin bonded to a fiberglass frame.

I will have louvers in my hood some day, just don't know when and how yet.

There is also a guy in Sweden who simply cut louvers into his stock hood with a grinder.

Janne? by any chance, his look Ok but he told me he & a mate welded them in & the heat distorted the Bonnet,.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!