ST Tuning rear bumper addon

• And now I've seen the pic of the top of your engine the hood looks to also encase the ends of the manifolds - so it could cool intake air - so your first answer would be right as well - if both reactants are cooler and more dense, so more......

• Zitat von ukzero;95380

To get a bigger bang would mean more fuel and air molecules per cm3 of "inductant" (no good just increasing one reactant) and increasing the fuel injection volume is easy enough to do anyway.
    Recon there is a useful function though - extra dense fuel would allow for more air to be squeezed in (a little anyway).
    Given what you've described I recon it might be to cool the fuel rails to prevent boiling in the extra heat from the extra power?
    Squirting vapour as opposed to liquid would reduce the molecule count and available reactant and power a lot :hmmmm:

Personally I don't believe it's that technical:top:

When Alpina built the 5.7 L it was found that the fuel rail got incredibly hot, to the point some thing may well let go, by adding the center vent it merely aided the fuel rail cooling as do the side vents by the heat leaving the engine bay more efficiently.

The louvred bonnets look superb & if I get to cut mine open ? a center vent is on the cards aswell:driver:

Jason, you got mail:winkwink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• From what I have heard there were hot-start problems due to bubbles developing in the rear part of the fuel injection system. It all goes towards the same direction: fuel cooling was for some reason not up to par.
    Admittedly this duct does not do much when not moving apart from easing convection but with a more or less heat insulating lid (plastic as opposed to metal) this small hole might have been necessary to maintain useability.

Reinhard

• Zitat von Adrian;95256

The wings your KS8 already has isn't enough? :p

No disrespect, just joking. I love the KS8, would trade my 8e for a LHD one any day.

Although the KS8 is awesome, no need to trade in your 8, just do some performance mods to the engine, suspension and get yourself a Zeemax widebody kit...while I love the curves of the KS8, personally I can do without the rear wing...but as with all things, everyone has different taste.

Almahdi 'Matti' Alwazir
    1991 850ci Black/Black
    1999 M Coupe Estoril/Estoril-Black (S50B32)
    2002 M Coupe Sapphire Black/Black (S54)

• Nice job Steve :)
    Looks as though maybe slightly larger or repositioned tail pipes as part of your exhaust revamp could enhance it further by better filling the cutouts - though it could be the camera angle.

• Not bad at all Steve, I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures, in particular a straight on shot from behind - I'm interested to see how the centre of the rear bumper looks from that angle. From the side view, it looks a little odd, almost as if something is missing there.

• Zitat von ukzero;95710

Nice job Steve :)
    Looks as though maybe slightly larger or repositioned tail pipes as part of your exhaust revamp could enhance it further by better filling the cutouts - though it could be the camera angle.

you quite right Mate, a pr of 90 mm tail pipes should fill up the holes:harhar:

• Zitat von Argonaut;95711

Not bad at all Steve, I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures, in particular a straight on shot from behind - I'm interested to see how the centre of the rear bumper looks from that angle. From the side view, it looks a little odd, almost as if something is missing there.

I've got a pic just you bud;-)

• Zitat von stevep840;95713

I've got a pic just you bud;-)

Cheers, it needs fatter exhaust pipes. I also think that the lower section might look better with the inside painted black - a bit like the CSi "Spice Rack" if you know what I mean. As I said, not bad at all, are you going to get the front section too?

• Zitat von Argonaut;95714

Cheers, it needs fatter exhaust pipes. I also think that the lower section might look better with the inside painted black - a bit like the CSi "Spice Rack" if you know what I mean. As I said, not bad at all, are you going to get the front section too?

Tomorrow should be very productive;-)

• The rear shot gives me the definite idea that the best solution would be to have the lower lip extend across the bottom of the exhaust cutouts. This would give a very clean look with the exhausts poking out of smaller more proportioned holes.
    Just a thought :)

• Zitat von ukzero;95716

The rear shot gives me the definite idea that the best solution would be to have the lower lip extend across the bottom of the exhaust cutouts. This would give a very clean look with the exhausts poking out of smaller more proportioned holes.
    Just a thought :)

I did consider just that Hayden, pretty much like Ferrari/Porsche etc.

i think the larger exhaust will bring things in-line:top:

• Hey Steve,
    I think the idea of letterboxing the exhausts could really work, even though we probably won't get to see it.
    Bigger tailpipes are probably helpful at this stage and yet perhaps the bottom-line drawback for me.
    There is a "best" solution to any design brief and right now, as far as i'm concerned the design brief is to make the overall look come together. Is there a chance you might have to keep going ... ie making additional changes? I wonder. You seem to hint as much.
    As long as you're happy, i'm happy.
    Plus, there is something to be said for not wanting a regular look. An ambitious plan and i wonder where it'll end up :driver:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!