Trivial rare colour query..

• It is called Lila Metallic and you need a shirt to match (see small guy in the back - owner)

You may likely still take the pole in the queue for Peter´s Lila once it comes up for sale :D (probably never)

The particular car pictured is a 6.1L Hamann conversion from a CSi and comes with matching interior. The sound of the car also fits the colour :laugh: It is probably a good car for those days when you don´t feel yellow at all :harhar:

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von reinhard;95324

It is probably a good car for those days when you don´t feel yellow at all :harhar:

Reinhard

Hmm..no, never get those! ;)

Peters dakargelb is welt-klasse, puts my car firmly in perspective :). Amazing to find out he has lila metallic too.. Wow.

Nice pics Alx, have admired your car several times, inside and out. I thought you were considering moving it on a year or so ago..? (I am quite observant..) ..hopefully you decided to keep it, but nothing is forever maybe.

• Zitat von BBMatic;95329

Hmm..no, never get those! ;)

Peters dakargelb is welt-klasse, puts my car firmly in perspective :). Absolutely dumbfounded to find out he has lila metallic too.. Wow.

Nice pics Alx, have admired your car several times, inside and out. I thought you were considering moving it on a year or so ago..? (I am quite observant..) ..hopefully you decided to keep it, but nothing is forever maybe.

Thank you. :)

Indeed, I have considered to sell it.

One of the reasons is that I don't use it enough.

I also have acquired an M3 CSL and it is not reasonnable to have 2 "Garage Queens".

Nothing is forever as you say, but I have realised that I really love my 850CSi and it would be hard to see it go...

P.S.: Sorry to hijack the thread.

• Alex, I'm sure I've seen the CSL too, small world we inhabit, lol, either that or I'm stalking you (don't worry).

Nice dilemma to have. The CSL looks pretty much like a race car to me, so one can be the garage queen, and t'other can be the racing car.

On a serious note, when we have indulged ourselves a bit in the good times, and then suddenly the whole world threatens to turn into a kind of post-Mad MAx apocalyptic smouldering bonfire, its natural and indeed healthy (imo)to wonder whether we really need that second tv or car.
    In which case that Sultan of Brunei bloke is doing a lot of chin-scratching, i hope. lol.

Having said that, 2 cars really is better than 1, *confused*..

• Zitat von stevep840;95321

I notice the owner has a shirt to match??:harhar:

I have a really. Really. Seriously bad confession to make at this point..

but no. I don't want to be thrown off the board after so few days.

Lets just say *cough* that I *may* once or twice have worn these, completely accidentally i should quickly add, on days when, unexpectedly, I have been compelled by a series of bizarre circumstances to use the 8 instead of the DD which would normally have been firmly pencilled in for those days.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/15172/

[SIZE="1"]I won't mention the bit about the bruce lee 70's track suit top
    [/SIZE]

• I know, the shame, and your point about googling the image just demonstrates the length of my fall from grace. I blame every little weird aspect of my behaviour in the last 6 months on having entered the E31 vortex, it works well, i get to drive a nice car, and blame anything but myself for all sorts of bizarre and (with todays prices) expensive habits. I'm talking about buying ashtray lids for a car, that sort of thing, nothing actually that amazing these days :o(

to be fair though Uma Thurman wore some in Kill Bill (the trainers, not ashtray lids...) and she looked alright! True i'm never going to be quite in her league looks-wise, one can but try :)

• *Sigh* The pojnt I'm trying to make, Mr Sandwich, (and don't think I'm not aware you're a bit of a card, I've seen examples of your initiation ordeals for newbies ) is that YELLOW and BLACK is the new BLACK, or however the saying goes.
    I may look like an idiot, but the reasoning behind my wearing them, is, in fact perfectly logical.
    :laugh:

• I've previously suggested some ripe Bananas for the back shelf of His Royal Yellowness's car:harhar:but pony is good;-)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Now here we can all see the dark side of the yellow coin. :mrgreen:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!