Need to borrow an Amp please...

• Hi guys, Long story short....

I think my amp got swapped at the garage during repray!! can't prove it yet but before I go trying to fit an after market one I was hoping to borrow / buy an early one from a '91 car to check everything else works!!

The one with 2x12 connectors.

Or if the easiest way is just to replace the existing one but with what?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Currently I have a Becker Nav head unit..

Alex

• Saw the ebay one but you never know if its a good one!!

Nick, thanks for the offer I might give you a shout next week....

Q: Does the EKM have any input to the stereo system? I know it is connected together but could it stop it's output?

• Zitat von schnitz850;96226

Q: Does the EKM have any input to the stereo system? I know it is connected together but could it stop it's output?

The EKM is not connected to the stereo system, nor does it know about it. In fact, none of the modules in the E31 have any (direct) relation to the stereo system. The stereo system is completely independent and if it doesn't work at all there are usually only a few causes:

• Power (fuse blown)
    • Bad component (faulty headunit or amplifier)
    • Wiring (broken wire)
  • Zitat von schnitz850;96226

Saw the ebay one but you never know if its a good one!!

Sorry Alex, I still don't understand when you say they swapped it. Do you mean they swapped your working one for a similar non working one?

If it is the right type but just not working it can be repaired. I had mine repaired by Blaupunkt some years ago and suspect they will still do it.

Cheers
    Graham

• I may have one or even two of these somewhere, don't use them and never will.
    Let me know, I'll post you one if you want.
    Can not guarantee the funtionality of it as it has been stored for like 5 years.
    I could send you one and you pay shipping, and if it's not up your standards then bin it, if it works we can agree on a price.
    Not worth much to me anyway and is basically just holding up space inmy storage room.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!