Quick query about steering wheel

• Zitat von e31gixxxer;98176

^ You may have a point, but I don't ever want the bags deploying:pray:

Bit too much ironic potential for injury perhaps. You're braver than me.

By the way G, your car looks near flawless in the recent pics I've seen..

• So, does any one actually know where the air bag springs out from:hmmmm: as I don't see a problem in having an emblem on a tractor wheel & say a 3 spoke wheel with roundels as the norm??

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I am uncertain which way this cover will open up in the event.:dontknow:

I´d actually expect it to rip open along a hidden seam in the middle with the two halves flinging upwards and downwards. This´d definitely make it difficult with a plastic nunchaku accelerating towards the driver. I have taken pictures of the airbag unit but cannot see anything pointing towards an inbuilt weakness along the center of the plastic cover.

If on the other hand it would shed the cover either upwards or downwards there´d be two scenarios.
    It´d be OK but likely hurt with the roundel accelerating south but likely leave a lasting impression if hurtled towards the face once the cover flies up.

From the fittings and mouldings I am unable to decide which one will let go first:

Top fittings:

Bottom fittings:

Maybe I can find a picture of an open airbag amongst salvage cars.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Wow - replies to a question I've always wanted answered, but was afraid to ask for some reason.
    -Revtors pic seems to offer some encouragement..my '98 4 spoke wheel may open in similar fashion if airbag deploys, i'm thinking. If anyone has further clues i'd be grateful. I'm thinking, if I find some suitable roundel, and attach it to the centre using great wodges of adhesive.. there isn't much evidence as yet that it would fly into my face in event of airbag opening.
    I'll still probably chicken out :oops:

• Zitat von stevep840;98181

I dont like the join in the Leather, or am I being pedantic:hmmmm: £46 shipping:shock2:my wheel from kaiser land was £15

Now you've pointed it out Steve, that joint does look rather "obvious".
    I'd be more concerned with the very white stitching which could look grubby quite quickly with handling - which being a steering wheel can't be avoided!

Recon you could do better Lloyd - though just an opinion.

• Zitat von BBMatic;98185

Wow - replies to a question I've always wanted answered, but was afraid to ask for some reason.
    -Revtors pic seems to offer some encouragement..my '98 4 spoke wheel may open in similar fashion if airbag deploys, i'm thinking. If anyone has further clues i'd be grateful. I'm thinking, if I find some suitable roundel, and attach it to the centre using great wodges of adhesive.. there isn't much evidence as yet that it would fly into my face in event of airbag opening.
    I'll still probably chicken out :oops:

Burn, can't feeling that a rogue Bm roundel hitting you in the fisog
    after a head on collision pales into insignificance:harhar: I'd rightly be more concerned that the object collided with does crumple the front of my car & fracture both legs, thus spending the rest of my days in a powered wheel chair fitted with wide wheels & ultra low tyres:)

• Zitat von BBMatic;98189

I'm also starting to think that wodges of adhesive, themselves, could present a further hazard once dried.

Then stop thinking & get a badge on your wheel:laugh:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!