Dentman job - best way to remove this?...

• Zitat von NickF;98364

Where is your dent?

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/15684/ Hope you can see it here.

Zitat von NickF;98364

Also, I have a couple of interior panels that have their clips broken off the "recycling" quality board. The worst one is the trim panel below the dash on the driver's side. I've resorted to zip tying and other bodges to hold it on, has anyone managed to fix the studs back on the panels?

I can see my future and it too involves zip ties :oops:

• As usual, Timm's write-up is comprehensive - the secret is take your time and be gentle! Gently ease rather than tug or yank! I've had all my panels off and it is really straightforward. DON'T let anyone else do this - I've had more than one panel and door clips broken by Stealerships where mechanic "yoofs" are on a time penalty and simply wrench things out of the way in order to get the job done quickly. Those panel clips easily break if you don't located them carefully in the relevant holes before tapping them home.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• BB I had a few trolley dents in that region and on the door and they were all removed without taking the panel off, he dropped the window wacked in a plastic wedge and pushed a tool down and wiggled it and hey presto! He removed them all for £20 as an offer at Bimmerfest a few years ago.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• I'd wait for the dent bloke to pitch up and ask him what's needed - that's if you're scared to remove the trim/doorcards. I must have removed hundreds of different door cards in my time odd-jobbing down at a friend's repair shop plus on numerous foraging trips to the scrapper for odds and ends, what strike me about almost all of them is that they are made of utter garbage. Cheap, nasty shitty bits of hard board or pressed board, tacky plastic and rubbish clips. Still, some of them look nice even so. :)

• Right I'm back now, Trojans slaughtered, minus the speech impedeblur!

Zitat

I've had more than one panel and door clips broken by Stealerships where mechanic "yoofs" are on a time penalty and simply wrench things out of the way in order to get the job done quickly.

Too true, there are set times for all jobs and you only earn your bonus by beating the times. Sad.

• Zitat von Lloyd;98380

BB I had a few trolley dents in that region and on the door and they were all removed without taking the panel off, he dropped the window wacked in a plastic wedge and pushed a tool down and wiggled it and hey presto! He removed them all for £20 as an offer at Bimmerfest a few years ago.

I agree with this Burn, a couple of years ago at Gaydon the 'Dentman' did a job lot for a whole bunch of us at knock down prices. Only Nick F declined because he couldn't decide which panel the 'Dentman' should start with.:laugh: (sorry Nick).

It is truly amazing how they do it and i am certain they will tackle yours from the window slot.

I wouldn't touch anything until the guy has seen it first.

Cheers
    Graham

• I've come home to see good news posts everywhere here :harhar:

Thanks for replies everyone, I'm going to buy clips in case but if I can wriggle out of this somehow it'll be good.

One reason I'm tying to avoid this job is because as some of you may have read I was experimenting with those 19LB BOSCH 4-pintle injectors-
    The extra 26% of gas they supply per time frame will make the engine run way too rich when the O2 sensor circuitry is not in operation. And this is every time you start the cold engine (until the sensors are heated up) and under full load/high speed when the lambda control system is also inoperable. Next to this my MID readings were completely off = way too low.

Anyway, its all a bit complicated to explain here, but what with needing to disassemble engine, etc, and all by 8pm tonight..well, I'd better get on with it.

• Oh, and I'd appreciate it if we could find a different word to describe the minor blockage I had with this.
    Its not "scared" , its.. cautious.. and very busy with pintles, etc ;)

• Have you been following Wokke's thread over on BF about the Bosch injectors?
    I don't know about the 8 series but I fitted these to my Range Rover, they made a positive improvement in performance and economy.

• Zitat

One reason I'm tying to avoid this job is because as some of you may have read I was experimenting with those 19LB BOSCH 4-pintle injectors-
    The extra 26% of gas they supply per time frame will make the engine run way too rich when the O2 sensor circuitry is not in operation. And this is every time you start the cold engine (until the sensors are heated up) and under full load/high speed when the lambda control system is also inoperable. Next to this my MID readings were completely off = way too low.

Anyway, its all a bit complicated to explain here, but what with needing to disassemble engine, etc, and all by 8pm tonight..well, I'd better get on with it.

That’s the spirit B! I was beginning to think you were a big girl’s blouse:laugh:

• Zitat von Argonaut;98388

Have you been following Wokke's thread over on BF about the Bosch injectors?

:oops: Jason please don't think badly of me, but that blurb was actually cut and pasted from one of Wokke's threads, I was just being silly. I'd not know a 4 pintle injector if it knocked me down in the street.

• Zitat von BBMatic;98396

:oops: Jason please don't think badly of me, but that blurb was actually cut and pasted from one of Wokke's threads, I was just being silly. I'd not know a 4 pintle injector if it knocked me down in the street.

Nice one, made me laugh out loud :)

• When they did mine they just rolled down the window and accessed it from the window slot. No need to remove any interior panels. I have had 3 8s done this way over time with excellent results. Good luck.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Zitat von BBMatic;98396

You do surprise me Burn. :harhar:

• Zitat von sandwich;98415

You do surprise me Burn. :harhar:

The thread was slipping away from me Sang. Needed to restore credibility quickly. Hopefully most people will have missed the bit where I had to admit to plagiarism. :toothbrush:

• Zitat von rogbmw;98411

When they did mine they just rolled down the window and accessed it from the window slot. No need to remove any interior panels. I have had 3 8s done this way over time with excellent results. Good luck.

Thanks Rog, and thanks to others making similar points. I've had reply mail from Dentman, hopefully it'll get seen to in next 2 weeks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!