Those little plastic bits either side of the plate!

• Had to bite the bullet and buy replacement plastic panels from BMW, as I couldn't find them anywhere, second hand.
    Anyway....Have tried to fit them and can't get them to stay solidly in place. Does anyone know if there's a clip on the spoiler that mates with the small triangular clip on the plastic panel? All I have at the moment is a gaping hole that the clip on the panel falls into
    As they are over a £100.00 each, I really don't want to risk seeing them parting company with the car
    As usual any advice welcomed!

• Did you buy the two transparent retaining straps/fixing so if they do come loose they cant fly away.
    One end fits into the number plate mount the other end had a s/steel clip that locates into the nose cone.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Lloyd;100276

Did you buy the two transparent retaining straps/fixing so if they do come loose they cant fly away.
    One end fits into the number plate mount the other end had a s/steel clip that locates into the nose cone.

Just been out to have a look and can honestly say I wouldn't know how to remove them. They are rock solid and secure so I reckon Lloyd is spot on.

• Hi Lloyd

All I bought was the plastic panels and the small triangular retaining clip that slots in to the panel. TBH I didnt think there was anything else to buy!
    I've tried to find the ETK page but cant for the life of me.

• Zitat von Nifty50;100279

Just been out to have a look and can honestly say I wouldn't know how to remove them. They are rock solid and secure so I reckon Lloyd is spot on.

Cheers mucker

Looks like I might need a couple more bits!

Perhaps young Reinhard may be along in a mo when Germany concede a couple against Portugal!

• Zitat von Lloyd;100283

These are the bits

07Fixing clamp251711910956$1.37

08Holding strap251111973721$0.77

You're a good egg Lloyd

Wondered why they kept falling out!

Cheers chap

• Hi Lloyd

Just ordered the straps as I already had the small triangular clips. Quick question! When the straps are attached do they hold the panels to the nose cone tightly? If I place them there now [ without the straps] they are loser than the proverbial...if you get what I mean!

As usual thanks in advance

Steve

• I assume part #6 is the expensive plastic bit and #7 is the triangle you're talking about. #8 is the plastic strip which doesn't hold anything in place tight. It just prevents #6 from getting lost in case it is taken out (to mount the tow hook for example).

• Cheers Wokke and Lloyd. Had the little triangular clips already, so ordered the straps today and should be here this afternoon.
    I havent a bloody clue where I'm going wrong then. When I insert the two small feet in to the side of the nose cone and place the triangular clip in to the hole where it should go, then it really doesn't hold it at all. Is there some sort of clip inside the nose cone that might be missing? All diagrams I've seen dont show one. Almost tempted to whack a huge self tapper in!
    I know this is a pathetic numpty thread but just dont want to lose the poxy things now that I've spent a fortune replacing them!

• If memory serves me right then the metal clip #7 goes onto a tab on #6 and is then pushed into a rectangular hole in the bumper.
    This normally gives a snug fit worth a fingernail or two if trying to pry it off again.
    You could show what you see on a few pictures so we don´t have to wild ass guess what you´re doing wrong... :harhar:

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von reinhard;100328

This normally gives a snug fit worth a fingernail or two if trying to pry it off again.

Precisely why I didn't try!

Zitat

You could show what you see on a few pictures so we don´t have to wild ass guess what you´re doing wrong... :harhar:

Yes, nice one Reinhard :laugh:, please take some photo's Steve so we all know how they fit:top:

• I know you're all going to sleep easier now!

I had one of the plastic panels that I took off when the other went missing. Hadn't even looked at it until the other one arrived. Lo and behold the small metal triangular clip had been fitted to the plastic panel in the wrong direction!!!! All I had done with the new one was to copy it...
    Have now refitted both metal clips and they fit like a glove....Also put the most expensive BMW tie wraps on to hold in case they fall off.
    Thanks again chaps and a case in point, never to take OEM fitments as being gospel!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!